Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious after looking at the Pilot VIN chart what was the most popular color. I have a RRP and have only seen a silver, black and RRP Pilots in my area.

After doing a quick find and replace on the VIN number, II can see why. Silver is really popular along with the EXL

Silver (SS) 105
Red (RRP) 33
Black (NBP) 30
Sagebrush 30
White 26
Havasu 24
Sandstone 23
Evergreen 13

EXL 116
EX 62
EXL-RES 50
EXL-NAV 35
LX 7

·
Registered
180 Posts
90% of the ones I have seen on the road have been silver ex or exl.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I have seen one of each color in my area, except Evergreen. Didn't look inside to see if LX or EX or EXL. My first choice was Sagebrush, but black with all my options came first and I love it.:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Silver most popular

I saw an article stating that silver is the most popular color for all cars last few years.

I'd rather have another color, but Honda colors are a bit skimpy. Black is my favorite, but the Pilot is a whale to keep washed all the time.

·
Registered
920 Posts
With these color options, Sagebrush would have been the only other color I would have considered had it been available in June, which it was not.

Some of the color choices this year were downright hideous...in particular Havasu Blue…

·
Registered
664 Posts
Oh yeah!

Well of course Silver is the best! :D

I think the big surprise is the lack of Evergreens on the list. I thought that turned out to be a REALLY nice color. I don't think Honda marketed it as well as they could have.

I also think Sagebrush was the biggest surprise in the colors. The marketing material gave a false look to the color. I was expecting a grey green color with a deeper tint towards green, like in the brochure. I think the actual color is more of a grey blue, heavy on the dark grey. I like it, it was just surprising. I had to see it a few times and wipe the grey green color from the thought process.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Evergreen and loving it baby :29:

So if my car is Forest Green, does that mean I have an Evergreen Forest at my house? :jester: :rolleyes:

Since July, I have only seen 2 Evergreen Pilots, an LX and EX. That figures, because in the 4 years I've had my GP, I've seen only a handful that were green like mine.

I thought green was popular? What's up with it being so rare now?

·
Registered
991 Posts
MG Pilot said:
With these color options, Sagebrush would have been the only other color I would have considered had it been available in June, which it was not.

Some of the color choices this year were downright hideous...in particular Havasu Blue…
Come on, it is not even close to hideous.. I saw one the other day, and it look fine, looks better then the silver in fact.. You make it sound like it is Pink..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hey,

Now play nice kids. They are only opinions.

I'm not a real fan of the Havasu either but that's why I didn't get one. (It seems to take on a yellow tinge at times.)

Anyway, if someone wasn't going to buy it they wouldn't have made it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I always play nice:D yeah, and I agree Honda should come up with some different colors, maybe more choices.. but silver is silver and looks unfinished to me..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Still haven't seen...

...Sagebrush or Sandstone. Saw some sandstone CRvs though, and they look great!

Every other Pilot I see is silver. :17:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Gotta stick up for 'ole Havasu Blue. :)
In fact, we could have had a Taffeta White but waited an extra 6-8 weeks to get the Havasu Blue. Now, if an Eternal blue or something like would have been available, I would have jumped at that!
But we love the Havasu. Never a yellow tinge on it, though, banningjr. It possibly could if dirty and the local dirt/dust wherever you saw it did that to it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yeah, it seems to be blue on rainy days, green on dull days, and more light blue on sunny days, kind of cool!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yellow Blue?

It was on a VERY dreary day. The kind where the sky is more grey than dark blue. It very well could have been the lack of up keep on the Pilot as it was the exact same one SoapPlant had taken pictures of before he got his. It is also the same one the dealer put Gold emblems next to chrome garnish!?!

Anyway, in making your point and mine, you think silver looks unfinished, I think it looks very clean and uncluttered. (Not to say there aren't shades of silver and grey that might as well be stainless steel vehicles!) More importantly we all have vehicles in colors we the owners are satisfied with! :10:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Evergreen

Bought my Evergreen Pearl EX-L sight unseen back in June. I needed a vehicle immediately, wanted the Pilot, and at that time it was the only Pilot available for a long time. I was a bit apprehensive about the color before I someone posted pics of the Evergreen Pilot on this board and I finally picked up the car, but I've been really happy with it ever since. I'm quite suprised that evergreen is not a big seller and is going to be discontinued.

Evergreen

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I love my Evergreen. Originally I ordered Sandstone, but my Dealer warned me of the late availability, so I switched to Evergreen. I really like Sagebrush, but didn't want a green interior. :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I too am one of the dedicated Evergreen minority. I think it is a great color, and now it's a limited addition color!

Regarding sagebrush, I was really surprised to see it was green-like color. I thought that a sagebrush should be a tan/brown color. Maybe it should just be called sage - like the spice.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Here's my theory... green has been so popular that everyone already has a green car and doesn't want another one.

By the way, if someone here drives a brand new black Pilot and noticed a woman in a black CR-V checking him out when he picked his kid up at daycare Friday... I was looking at your car! Not you, your car! :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
tracy said:
Here's my theory... green has been so popular that everyone already has a green car and doesn't want another one.

....Or it could be that everyone already has a silver car and just wants another.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

....Or it could be that everyone already has a silver car and just wants another.
Ironically, the reason I don't have a silver car now is because I didn't want to replace my previous silver one ('01 CR-V) with another one, because it wouldn't have felt as much like a new car. Silly, I know. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts