Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LA Times:

Buyers taking a shine to silver vehicles. The color is the No. 1 favorite for cars, with white coming in second and black third.

By Rick Popely, Chicago Tribune

Silver is hot, green is not, and white and black remain popular colors for new vehicles.

DuPont Automotive, a major paint supplier to the auto industry, said 23% of North American-built vehicles in 2002 were silver, making it the dominant color. Silver also is the favorite color for European- and Asian-built vehicles.

White continued to be popular, coming in second on North American vehicles at 15%. Black finished third overall, covering 12% of new vehicles.

Luxury buyers were most enamored of silver, with 32% choosing it. Silver also was tops on sports, compact, mid-size and full-size cars and second to white on light trucks.

Green, the most popular hue of the 1990s, fell to No. 8 in 2002. Gray moved up four spots to fifth, behind blue.

Robert S. Daily, DuPont's color marketing manager, attributed silver's popularity to an affinity for technology. He predicted demand for gray will increase because it accents the edgy designs of many current models.

"Gray will extend the influence of this family of neutral colors because it conveys a sense of richness," he said.

Though neutral colors dominated in 2002, DuPont said metallic reds are showing up more on luxury, sports and compact cars. Medium red ranked sixth on North American vehicles and bright red ninth.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yay White!

We love our White Pilot. So good looking when it's waxed...but stays nice when a bit dirty.

We can hide in the snow too....

Don n Brenda

·
Registered
26 Posts
I laughed when this article came out, because I was debating between the silver and evergreen Pilots...but, since I actually hadn't seen the Evergreen/Saddle combo in person, and found myself in the position to make a deal on a silver, I ended up with silver.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
:10: My husband and I were attracted to the silver Pilot right away because the silver paint looked especially good with the black trim and accessories (bumpers, black lower trim w/fog lights, running boards, mud guards).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well we got the Silver. Our other car is Black and before that one it was Green. Your right about the trim, I liked the way Silver looked with the black accessories and we like the interior Leather color as well. I do wish Honda would have had a Midnight Blue color option like the MDX has. I would have gotten that color. But I'm still happy with Silver.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My Sentiments EXACTLY

jrichter09 said:
Well we got the Silver. Our other car is Black and before that one it was Green. Your right about the trim, I liked the way Silver looked with the black accessories and we like the interior Leather color as well. I do wish Honda would have had a Midnight Blue color option like the MDX has. I would have gotten that color. But I'm still happy with Silver.
I'll second that entire post!

·
Registered
276 Posts
mrvincent said:
Green, the most popular hue of the 1990s, fell to No. 8 in 2002.
It's #1 in my book! :29:

OK, now I have a VALID explanation as to why, in the whole 7 months I've had mine, I've only seen ONE green Pilot on the road in SW Missouri/NW Arkansas.

So if you're ever down this way and you see a GREEN PILOT, chances are it's me!:2:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
popular auto colors...

We were considering both the Starlight Silver and the Sandstone when we went shopping. The dealer had a Sandstone prepped for delivery and it really caught our eye. Looked at a Silver that had just come in for service and decided that the Sandstone was our first choice. Our other car is Silver (Sebring Convertible) with a blue top that REALLY looks sharp.

rod

·
Registered
32 Posts
colors...

I like my Starlight Silver...might have gone with another color if the door handles were not black...really wish Honda had gone with color coordinated door handles.

Has anyone out there found a way to color coordinate their door handles?

thanks....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: colors...

jmd said:
Has anyone out there found a way to color coordinate their door handles?
<personal sarcasm filter off>
Yes....buy a black Pilot.
<personal sarcasm filter back on>

Seriously, I've seen some discussion here regarding aftermarket changes to the door handles; either color coded or chrome. You may want to search the forum.

Although I was partially kidding about buying a black Pilot, the matching door handles was one (of many) considerations for choosing to get a black one.

Black vehicles look soooo good when clean, and so dirty, about a day later.

Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Re: colors...

vellinga said:

<personal sarcasm filter off>
Yes....buy a black Pilot.
<personal sarcasm filter back on>

Seriously, I've seen some discussion here regarding aftermarket changes to the door handles; either color coded or chrome. You may want to search the forum.

Although I was partially kidding about buying a black Pilot, the matching door handles was one (of many) considerations for choosing to get a black one.

Black vehicles look soooo good when clean, and so dirty, about a day later.

Thanks for the thought :D

I just got my Black Pilot last night (2/20) and laid awake all night trying to figure out how I am going to keep it clean.

Any way love my new Pilot. No problems to speak of and the dealer got the CHECK LIST right the first time.

See you on the road. :2:

SoCalGary

·
Registered
32 Posts
colors...

The second (next) day is why I did not go with black, the handles are the main reason I almost went with black!....

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
problem with black here in Chicago and most of the snow belt is the salt. It SHOWS!!!

I traded a black car for my silver pilot (less salt shows on silver :) )

·
Registered
143 Posts
Colors and Resale Value

Just watch.... a few years from now silver will no longer be in fashion. Used car lots will be full of silver vehicles, making them worth less. The true test to enhance your vehicle's future resale is getting the not so hot color vehicle now, which you think might be trendy 4-5 years from now when you decide to sell it.

My vote is for Orange ... lol.

:2:

Evergreen Pilot
Silver CRV

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: Colors and Resale Value

Spartanman said:
My vote is for Orange ... lol.
You mean like this......

This looks pretty similar to the car I drove as a 16 year old, except ours had big white stripes on the hood and rocker panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Capri?

vellinga.....

I wanted one of those so bad when I was in High School! Did yours have the dual exaust? I think it had a v-6 in it am I right?

I settled on a '68 GTO instead because of the cool factor. But still wanted a Capri.

Don

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My first car was a orange Honda CVCC I think it was called. Wow, you guys brought back some memories. All I need to say is - the 70's was a fun decade. Nothing was illegal...hehe

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: Capri?

dandbtucker said:
vellinga.....
I wanted one of those so bad when I was in High School! Did yours have the dual exaust? I think it had a v-6 in it am I right?

I settled on a '68 GTO instead because of the cool factor. But still wanted a Capri...
Yes, it did have dual exhaust. What's interesting is that the dual exhaust connected near the rear, into a single muffler. Wish I had the money as a teenager to separate them into two mufflers and pipes out the back.

Yes, it had a V-6 as well. 2.8L and a few other unique aspects, that likely resulted from it being a German car. Yes, a Ford, built in Germany in 1974.

Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
If there was a dust and dirt -resistant black pilot, I woul have gotten it.
I got the silver now, very nice, u can wash it even just once a month

1 - 20 of 22 Posts