1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Honda Hybrids on the way? PILOT?

I finally found it, I knew I'd read it in Consumer Reports and here it is:

October 2002 issue

"...The new Honda Civic Hybrid is the third model released in the U.S. to use the technology. Like the Toyota Prius, the Civic is a five passenger, four door sedan that's much more practical than Honda's first hybrid, the two-seat Insight.

For 2004, Ford is expected to introduce a hybrid version of the Ford Escape SUV, which the company claims will get almost 40 mpg.
Also possible in the next few years are hybrid versions of the Honda Accord, CR-V, and PILOT :4: ; the Lexus RX300; and vehicles from Land Rover, Mazda, and Volvo.

Honda and Toyota have also announced that by year-end they will begin limited lease programs for two ultra-clean fuel-cell vehicles. Honda will offer it's small FCX car and Toyota a Highlander type of SUV. However, Tom Elliott, American Honda's executive vice president, notes, "Significant cost, technology, and infrastructure issues remain prior to the mass marketing of fuel-cell vehicles." "

:4::17:~JUST A LITTLE HEADS UP FOR EVERYONE~:17::4:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Should take away some material from the SUV bashers :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks! :werd:

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Mrs and I were just talking about this yesterday. She was saying how she didn't want to put too many miles on our Pilot so we could trade it in for a hybrid Pilot in a few years. Even though its pretty good for a 4000+ lb, 8 pass vehicle most of our driving is around town, and with the oil Co's GOUGING us these days, we're really feelin it!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ACCORD & PILOT in my driveway

I will be in line for the ACCORD HYBRID as a 2nd car :)...my civic should be about 6 feet under by then, and it would be an excellent commuter/family car since my 2 boys will be out of car seats by then, and all 5 of us should fit if we have to. I'd love to see these...I'll post photos here when they arrive in my car&driver...
:20: :20:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: More Honda Hybrids on the way? PILOT?

74PILOTMOM said:
I finally found it, I knew I'd read it in Consumer Reports and here it is:

October 2002 issue

"...The new Honda Civic Hybrid is the third model released in the U.S. to use the technology. Like the Toyota Prius, the Civic is a five passenger, four door sedan that's much more practical than Honda's first hybrid, the two-seat Insight.

For 2004, Ford is expected to introduce a hybrid version of the Ford Escape SUV, which the company claims will get almost 40 mpg.
Also possible in the next few years are hybrid versions of the Honda Accord, CR-V, and PILOT :4: ; the Lexus RX300; and vehicles from Land Rover, Mazda, and Volvo.

Honda and Toyota have also announced that by year-end they will begin limited lease programs for two ultra-clean fuel-cell vehicles. Honda will offer it's small FCX car and Toyota a Highlander type of SUV. However, Tom Elliott, American Honda's executive vice president, notes, "Significant cost, technology, and infrastructure issues remain prior to the mass marketing of fuel-cell vehicles." "

:4::17:~JUST A LITTLE HEADS UP FOR EVERYONE~:17::4:
I wonder what kind of power these hybrids will Have?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: ACCORD & PILOT in my driveway

74PILOTMOM said:

...my 2 boys will be out of car seats by then, and all 5 of us should fit...
Let's see, if I do the math: 2 boys plus 74PILOTMOM plus her hubby --> that makes FOUR! Someone is still 2 weeks overdue with the one in the oven.........:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, and my dang doctor is thinking about inducing me FRIDAY next week. He's EVIL. I was due the 19th- why not now? I think he wants C-section money or something, because he says the baby is "8 lbs, maybe a little more" right now. YIKES. (I was hoping for a 6 pounder!) We'll see, I have group health, (group death) so I don't trust a word they say. I'm sure some of you can relate.

But back to the thread, that little civic hybrid has 83HP:eek:, I wonder too what the others will have. My civic vx has 92HP and I make fun of it for THAT.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I saw a brand new Toyota Prius on the road today. I like the looks of the old one much better. The blown up greenhouse cabin and hatch on the one I saw today made it look AZTECified.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Pilot and a Hybrid Honda Insight.

The insight has as much power as a regular Civic but it gets about 65mpg.

We will eventually trade in the Insight for a Hybrid with more seats but for now, we love it.

Jerry
Orlando

·
Registered
120 Posts
The only hybrid I'll ever own would be a combination of internal combustion and rocket propulsion. :D :9:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts