Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this information will help someone as there are more takers here than contributors.

Rear smart handles- Order two front handles, tap the 4 wires from the front, run them through the front door grommet to the interior, then through the rear door grommet. The handles will bolt on fine, there is a slight gap on the handle but the base sits fine, not noticeable. Do not worry about water getting in because water is supposed to drain through the doors like the windows.

Tip: If you do not have the elite or touring model, now would be the time to order those foam inserts for the doors, they quiet the doors down a lot. Just look on the parts diagram, I bought them for all my doors for around $90.

Hands free tail gate- Requires a hitch, a metal hitch cover and a push button. Tap into the rear wires for the outer handle and rear handle, 2 wires each closest to the right side of the connector. When touched it opens/closes the hatch. Run the wires out of a grommet along the hitch into a drilled hole for the hitch cover, install a big switch and now you have a hand's free tail gate. Just kick the button and it opens/closes. Comes in handy and is not noticeable.

Third row speakers for non-touring/elite models. Order the panels, about $26 each buy 3 1/2 speakers, there are two screw slots to hold the speakers, I just used one to mount and let the speaker hang lose behind the panel as it is a tight fit, you can use the stock one on the elite but I went aftermarket. I took it a step further by adding a 2 channel amp and taping into the rear speaker wires. On the odyssey forum, people just tap into the rear speakers but I wanted an amp for more power. I could have probably gone without an amp as anything too high, the speakers distort. Now the car sounds great with full sound all around.

Added foot well lights, right a wire soldered to the map light, along the a pillar down to the kick panel, used sticky strip led and now I have bright lights when opening the door.

Added led strip lights to running boards but running a wire to the factory accessor lighted running boards switch underneath the dash.

Any questions please ask.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Awesome mods! Post up some pics, these are great contributions!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Does the tailgate switch work all the time or only when the key is present?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
which LED strips are you using? I'm always worried about longevity due to Rain/snow/salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts