Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What do you think of a model designation?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • No.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Too tacky.

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Does Honda know you did this?

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Where\'s the leather?

Votes: 4 7.1%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you think of this model designation? I found the '02 Civic to match pretty closely to the markings on the Pilot.

:27:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here is the picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ha! Took me a second or two to figure this out. I was thinking where did the EX come from?

I've got to ask, though, did you attach the "EX" permanently?

I'm not keen on it, but TEHO, amigo. :1:

·
Registered
121 Posts
LOOKS AWESOME!! I really wish Honda would've included this with the vehicle in the first place. They probably figured you can tell the LX and EX apart, by just looking at them. Great Job!:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks good. I did the same thing back when I had my Passport. However, I don't think it's necessary.:p I like the Pilot just the way it is. More and more I'm liking the style and overall "classy" look!;)

·
Registered
919 Posts
The emblem itself looks good and matches well, but I still wouldn't want to do it. I honestly mean no disrespect, but it reminds me of the riceboys who put the "Type R" logo on everything. It's just not necessary. To each his own.

Chris

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Len said:

Doesn't that look just like the first pic above from Banningjr? I mean, check out the sun glints....
I think the picture that Banningjr posted was from College Hills? At the time I talked to him, he hadn't received the emblem yet, and his Pilot is Silver anyway. He must have ordered through College Hills? I know he was anxiously awaiting it on Friday!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly

When I had C.H. Honda order it they ordered one for themselves. They got theirs on before mine came in. It arrived Saturday but I'll have to wait to put it on...it's got to be washed first. I almost want to put mine one the left down low but then it looks backwards. I'll have to try a few places first.

They also had some i-VTEC emblems from Australia (I think) advertised on the hondasuv site. Those I like a lot. I think they will go on the doors above the trim.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is this?

Well I did it anyway. I think I really like it. If I didn't I'd skip the $5 and put it back but I think this way it is not as chunky as the original post.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Left Side...

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right Side

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BONUS!

Hey, it is a VTEC and I thought it was cool without writing it across my hood!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the look...it's clean. Banning - where did you get the chrome tailpipe extenders? Are they a Honda aftermarket product?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
(OT)
banning,

I noticed your Goongalagoonga stickers. Mighta missed it in your other posts...did u used to have a CRV? Must know GatorGreg, then...:confused:
(/OT)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I came to it through Bing. I started writing a couple of posts for him over at hondasuv and he sent me one. (I actually owe him a couple too.) If I have the history right it started with GatorGreg right?

I never had a CR-V but started watching the forum back in '99 when we bought our Accord. I started calling Honda Cust. Serv. to see if the websites were legit on the 'MAV'. They were and I've been hooked since.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts