Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was certain that on my '08 CR-V I could hold the reset button on the oil life screen of the maintenance minder to see what codes were coming up, even if it hadn't hit 15% yet. Then I could just cancel without resetting. The '15 Pilot doesn't seem to show me any codes if it hasn't shown the wrench yet. Wasn't sure if I need to pick up an air filter or ATF, it's at 20% and it will probably be turning on the wrench very soon.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
Just a thought: with the engine running, or with the key at the "on" position (II) without the engine running? On my 2006 anyway, it's the latter to reset the Maintenance Minder.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried it again, but I had the engine running this time . This time it showed the codes that are coming up. Guess I need to pick up some ATF and gear oil in addition to engine oil.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Am I the only one who struggles with the MM? It seriously makes zero sense to me, especially since you can’t reset only spec items as far as I know. My much older 3 series maintains a LIST... like human readable and tells you in miles and age when something is due and they can be individually reset. Seems far easier.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Agreed it's rather byzantine, but it could always be worse.

Raise your hand if like me you ever used a...

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
Tried it again, but I had the engine running this time . This time it showed the codes that are coming up. Guess I need to pick up some ATF and gear oil in addition to engine oil.
Interesting, this. I just tried it with the engine running, unlike when it's not and the ignition key is on "II" to reset the codes, and you can indeed see the upcoming codes. I didn't find where this feature was documented in the Owner's Manual.

Cool, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts