Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2019 pilot lx awd. Did some searches and didn't find much. Can anyone tell me the average MM milestones for fluid changes (ATF, transfer case, rear diff)? I found the post that talks about washer sizes, thanks!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just working from memory based on general experiences reported on this forum....

ATF and transfer: Every 45K or so
VTM4: first one at 20K, then every 35K or so

- Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 13k, have B16 already. Owners manual says DPSF-II 1.92 qt for rear diff, same as my CRV. Transfer assembly calls for Honda Hypoid Gear Oil HGO-1 0.45 qt. Doesn't look like VTM4 to me. Nowhere in the owners manual is VTM4 mentioned.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
At 13k, have B16 already. Owners manual says DPSF-II 1.92 qt for rear diff, same as my CRV. Transfer assembly calls for Honda Hypoid Gear Oil HGO-1 0.45 qt. Doesn't look like VTM4 to me. Nowhere in the owners manual is VTM4 mentioned.
Rear differential is part of the 'i-VTM4' (Intelligent VTM4) system.
Transfer and transmission fluid changes aren't required until a '3' code appears.

·
Registered
732 Posts
VTM-4 Honda fluid was used in previous models of the Pilot and other Honda vehicles for the rear differential. The 3rd generation Pilots (2016-2020) now require the DPSF-II fluid instead and it is even stamped on the rear differential now.

My B-6 rear differential fluid change code popped up around 10500 miles or so. It doesn't need to be changed until the next oil change which on my car should be around 16000-18000 miles. I am at 12000 miles now with 70% oil life.

The code comes up early just to alert you as to what services will be needed at the next oil change, not what has to be done immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts