Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is now just about the only auto forum on the Internet without a link to this story, I figured I'd add it. The response across the Internet community since the original post a week ago is amazing: 2600+ replies and nearly 600,000 views on the original thread alone (not including the hundreds of other forums now also following this story).

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442510&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Does anyone have the time (and would like) to read through all the posts and provide a Cliffs Notes version of what happened to the rest of us lazy bums??? :confused: ;)

I, for one, could use something like a "Mark Mitsubishi for Dummies" or "An Idiot's Guide to Mark Mitsubishi"...

·
Registered
608 Posts
a guy named Mark bidded on a 2003 Mitsu Lancer EVO 8 on eBay. it had 210 miles, but was outfitted with custom leather, dvd player, and (i think) 3 LCD screens. he won the auction for $26,200 (MSRP for a stock EVO is about $30k, keep in mind this one probably had 3-4 k of extras). the dealer is now refusing delivery, claiming an auto broker had already bought it for $32+k and they forgot to close the auction. now, some people from that forum ran the VIN through carfax and checked the dealer inventory and it was still there, with a $39,995 asking price. so the rest of the posts on that thread are basically people giving support, spreading the word to other forums, contacting ebay, the dealer, and mitsu of america on the guy's behalf, etc....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Furthermore, the dealership, while making no admission of guilt, has offered to sell him an EVO with fewer options at a higher price. Rather decent of them, don't you think? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't believe how huge this seems to be getting. I hope they guy makes out. It's bad enough when there are small-time criminal e-bay sellers out there souring the idea of on-line auctions, but when a supposedly reputable business does it.....

BTW...iivtecracerii & tracy...thanks for the summary. I started going through the pages but realized it would take forever to read all 100+ pages. Time that would be better spend scouring Honda-Pilot.org!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
He got the origional car. It was on page 111 or something. No, I didn't read it all. I started at the back where the first post said congratulations and just looked at the first posts on each page until the tone changed, then read down that page.

"----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 8:22 PM
Subject: lancer evo

> DEAR SIR,
> WE HAVE RETRACTED OUR OFFER FROM THE BROKER IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU WITH
> THE LANCER YOU HAD BID ON, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 480-425-XXXX IN ORDER TO
> ARRANGE PAYMENT AND SHIPPING.
> THANKS
> XXXXXXXX
> MARK MITSUBISHI FINANCE DIRECTOR
>
----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 8:02 PM
Subject: evo8

Dear Sir,

I am the finanace director at Mark Mitsubishi. We have retracted the high bid from the other broker, we are emailing in to arrange payment for the auction that you won on the lancer. Please contact me with in the next 72 hours to arrange payment and shipping. If you should have any questions please contact me @ 480-425-XXXX.
thanks I look forward to hearing from you.
thanks,
XXXXXXX
finance director mark mitsubishi"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whoo-hoo! Good for him. Although the question is, will the dealership recover from all the bad PR. I image their Internet based sales will take a huge nose dive.

·
Registered
305 Posts
it was rather interesting reading. I got to about page 27 and then skipped to the end and worked backwards like someone else here. I can't believe how many people it reached. Hundreds of message boards with hundreds of thousands of users. They harassed the dealership into submission, basically. Damn good work. But, yeah, I am also doubting their ability to fully recover. Bad news travels fast and then folks get bored even faster. So there is an excellent chance that many read the problem and few read the resolution. OH well.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That dealer was stupid for not setting up the auction with a high enough reserve price, that's if they actually had one at all. :32: Every Lancer I've ever seen has had a reserve close to sticker, and that's one without all the aftermarker stuff.

That dealer brought all this $hit on themselves. Glad it worked out in the end though. :4:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) the forum is evolutionm.net and after that the dealer offered to give him the original car that he bidded on. everything ended well for the customer, hopefully with mark mitsu, too.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
sblvro said:
:) the forum is evolutionm.net and after that the dealer offered to give him the original car that he bidded on. everything ended well for the customer, hopefully with mark mitsu, too.
:awais: THREADDRIFT :awais:

Hey, sblvro... you're almost as bad as sfhondapilot!!! :p

You have:
  1. 2003 starlight silver pilot EX-LRES
  2. 2003 black Lexus IS300
  3. 2003 mitsubishi evolution 8 (soon!)
He has:
  1. 2003 EX-L RES Sage Brush Pearl
  2. 2003 Cosmic Blue Toyota Matrix XR
  3. 2003 Titanium Silver BMW 325i
How can you guys afford to buy THREE 2003 model year vehicles...??? :D :jester: :22:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
;) just started earning real dough!:2:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D see pics of my cars at the gallery:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts