Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife have done the same thing, went to put Co-Co (my wife named the navigation girl) in gear and low and behold I have just washed the windows for the 5th time! This is the first car we have had with the shifter on the column. Has anyone else done the same thing or are we just idiots?:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very normal......:1: Don't worry....you are not the only one:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Only EVERY time I got into the Pilot for the first week. You will get used to it, promise :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Here I thought I was the only one.. Now I do not feel like a "stupid"

Yes, I too received the wonderful window wash!

:bangh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
For the first week we owned the Pilot my wife asked why I always washed the windshield when I pulled in the driveway. Last weekend when she drove home, she hit the washer, let out such a stream of invective and just glared at me, daring me to say something. :rolleyes:

I said nothing

-Eric

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yep, done the same thing on several occasions. This is not the first car I've had with the gear shift on the column, but it has been a long time (1974 Impala Station Wagon). However, this is the first one with both the gear shift and the wiper control on the same side.

The other thing that bothers me about the dash is the green light that's on when the car is in drive. I keep looking at it while driving thinking that a warning light has come on. Does this happen to anyone else????

·
Registered
330 Posts
guitarman said:
...The other thing that bothers me about the dash is the green light that's on when the car is in drive. I keep looking at it while driving thinking that a warning light has come on. Does this happen to anyone else????
Me too. It's so much brighter than the lighted odometer/temperature pod that it soes look like a warning light. I try not to let it bother me.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
shutrbug said:
Me too. It's so much brighter than the lighted odometer/temperature pod that it soes look like a warning light. I try not to let it bother me.
The green light does not bother me (Green to me indicates a "normal" condition)

I just rented a car with an AMBER drive indicator.
That was distracting!!:3:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Only EVERY time I got into the Pilot for the first week. You will get used to it, promise :)
Same here. Haven't done it in a while. Once or twice a year my brother might drive the Pilot on a trip to or from a NASCAR event, and the windshield gets washed at least once during that trip.:D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Everytime, almost, I reach to reset the trip meter, I hit the windshield washer.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
guitarman said:
The other thing that bothers me about the dash is the green light that's on when the car is in drive. I keep looking at it while driving thinking that a warning light has come on. Does this happen to anyone else????
I actually like it, because I've been known to "restart" a running car when it's as quiet as the Pilot. Now if it were amber...that would drive me crazy :crazyeye:

·
Registered
269 Posts
same here.....
It was very tempting to get those glow in the dark shift knobs...
but....cant be that cheesy !:eek:

instead, i ordered this sparco knob. maybe it will help :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
For the first week or so, I did just the opposite. Whenever I would try to put the Pilot in gear (especially reverse when looking backwards) I would fumble around thin air over the center console for the gear shift that was no longer there.:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
N_Jay said:
The green light does not bother me (Green to me indicates a "normal" condition)

I just rented a car with an AMBER drive indicator.
That was distracting!!:3:
Not that it's new news, but I found myself explaining the color-coding of the dash lights to someone just the other day. Makes sense, really. I'm glad the oil pressure light is red.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
Me and the wife have done the same thing, went to put Co-Co (my wife named the navigation girl) in gear and low and behold I have just washed the windows for the 5th time! This is the first car we have had with the shifter on the column. Has anyone else done the same thing or are we just idiots?:D
I just did this yesterday ironically enough. I'm not so much worried about having my windshield too clean but more concerned that if I use as much force on the wiper thing as the gear shifter thingy I will break it off. :eek:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Gourma4 said:
For the first week we owned the Pilot my wife asked why I always washed the windshield when I pulled in the driveway. Last weekend when she drove home, she hit the washer, let out such a stream of invective and just glared at me, daring me to say something. :rolleyes:

I said nothing

-Eric
That is not what "Professor Chaos" would have done!!! :D

:Note at time of writing Gourma2 had a SouthPark "Professor Chaos" avatar.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
dtebbe said:
Owned it 1 day, done it 3 times...

DT
Welcome to the club, in more ways than one. Enjoy the new wheels!:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that's why you never see a Pilot with a dirty windshield.

·
Registered
71 Posts
DanL said:
I think that's why you never see a Pilot with a dirty windshield.
I do it atleast once every week. done it twice so far.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts