Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Missing/Raised Paint - 2019 Honda Pilot

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Wildcat Rudy 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a new 2019 Honda Pilot. During the final walk around I noticed that a small area of paint on the passenger side fender by the headlight had some lifted/removed paint. The dealer said it could be easily fixed. RIght, long story short they ended up replacing the Pilot with another. Upon inspection it too had the same issue. I walked the dealers lot and noticed the majority of the 2019 Honda Pilots had the issue only on the passenger side.

The dealer set out to locate a Pilot without the issue and after sometime they claimed that they couldn't find one that didn't have the issue. They said they would contact Honda to let them know of the issue.

In the meantime, I opened a case with Honda and sent pictures of the two original Hondas and of three others that were on dealer lot with issue.

After several weeks I get a call and was told the dealer would be contacting me to fix the issue under warranty. When I asked the root cause I was told that they didn't see an issue that warranted a bulletin. I asked how do we know that whatever caused the paint to lift/rub off wouldn't occur again and what about all the other Pilots I saw with the issue. I was told they didn't want to talk about the others Pilots and were only focusing on my Pilot. It was stated it would be up to the dealer's Tech to figure it out and fix. The case manager also noted I was the only one to complain of the issue.

I find it hard to believe with the number of 2019 Pilots I saw with the issue and the dealer's comments it is just isolated to me. Just curious, does anyone else's 2019 Pilot have this issue and how was it addressed? I have included pictures of my issue.

Purple Violet Pink Vehicle door Hood
Automotive exterior Car Orange Vehicle Bumper
Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Vehicle door Windshield Glass Hood

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I have new 2019 Pilot EX-L with the same issue. I brought it to my local dealer after a long back and forth email with the manager and with the help of my case manager . At first they dont want to to fix it since I did not bought it from them and I bought it 300 miles from my place. After I told the manager of my local dealer that I already have a case manager , thats the time they agreed to fix it. After 3 days from dropping my car to the dealer , the service advisor called me to let me know that my Pilot is ready. When I check it , I noticed that they just apply a touch-up paint and wasnt done right. To my disappointment I left the dealer .When i check it again at home, the paint was pill off again. I complain it to the manager and send him the photos and until now I dont have any reply. Now im back to calling my case manager.
Material property Automotive exterior Shoe

Light Glasses Eyewear Cable Personal protective equipment

#4 · (Edited)
I have new 2019 Pilot EX-L with the same issue. I brought it to my local dealer after a long back and forth email with the manager and with the help of my case manager . At first they dont want to to fix it since I did not bought it from them and I bought it 300 miles from my place. After I told the manager of my local dealer that I already have a case manager , thats the time they agreed to fix it. After 3 days from dropping my car to the dealer , the service advisor called me to let me know that my Pilot is ready. When I check it , I noticed that they just apply a touch-up paint and wasnt done right. To my disappointment I left the dealer .When i check it again at home, the paint was pill off again. I complain it to the View attachment 132683 manager and send him the photos and until now I dont have any reply. Now im back to calling my case manager.
After doing research on the said issue , I have learned from Honda Paint Defect Action Group on Facebook that I am not alone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.