Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have AN EX-L RES I found on the console is missing a cover or door between the cup holder and the cell holder I can see the holes for it, but I check the brochure is not showing, I check the owner manual nothing. You know which one I talking about? it is normal?:rolleyes

I tryto insert the picture I do not know how but it is on our manual page 105

·
Registered
173 Posts
colusa...

Those holes are there to permit you to move the console cupholder to an alternate position. If you check the cupholder, you'll see a small button on one side.

If you wish, you can press the button and lift the cupholder out of the original position and move it to the empty space just forward of the cell phone door.

Clever, those Honda folks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
colousa said:
I have AN EX-L RES I found on the console is missing a cover or door between the cup holder and the cell holder I can see the holes for it, but I check the brochure is not showing, I check the owner manual nothing. You know which want I talking about? it is normall?:rolleyes:
Are you talking about the spot where the cupholder normally goes - directly in front of the center armrest? Remember, the cup holder can be moved and placed in the area under the sliding cover - I think there's two cavities under the sliding cover where the cup holder can be moved to, to accomodate for the phone cradle to be able to fold down and not bump into any bottles or cans? I think the cup holder normally goes directly in front of the center armrest, which sounds like the area that you are talking about.

When the cupholder is moved forward under the sliding cover, it leaves that area empty. Although you do bring up a good point - it would be nice if there was a cover to put over that area when the cupholders are moved forward.

Hope this is what you were talking about. Maybe its just possible that your dealer put the cup holder in the area under the sliding cover, instead of directly in front of the center armrest which is where is should usually be?

:8:

·
Registered
919 Posts
On my EX-L RES, the standard position (as shipped) IS under the sliding door. The spot immediately in front of the armrest console was open with the three mounting slots visible.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: colusa...

ChiefPilot said:
Those holes are there to permit you to move the console cupholder to an alternate position. If you check the cupholder, you'll see a small button on one side.

If you wish, you can press the button and lift the cupholder out of the original position and move it to the empty space just forward of the cell phone door.

Clever, those Honda folks!

Thank you this is what I'm looking for.

Isn't this truck great

·
Registered
486 Posts
The salesman was suppose to show you this feature upon delivery. Here we go again about poor salesman product knowledge....

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Be Careful

When the cup hol;der is in the front postion (where it can go under the cover) it MUST be installed carefully to insure it is seated ALL THE WAY.
If not it WILL get scratched when you close the cover over it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Also the other reason for moving the cup-holders in the forward position so that the cell phone cradle can be opened without obstruction (in case you had a drink in the cup holder right in front of the arm-rest console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts