Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the top of my steering column is a small, approx 1.0 x .5 x .5 inch, hole with a smaller hole at the bottom. It looks like it should have a cover over it, but none is present. Should I ask my dealer to order one, or is this the natural state?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Should be there, dude...

·
Registered
373 Posts
The cover is a dealer prep item.
When I test drove mine there were 4 or 5 bags of small seals and plastic bits (including the one that's missing) in the glove compartment.
Mine didn't have the pen clip in the center console.
The dealer got one in about a week.
They should be able to to the same for you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When we picked up our Pilot, we also found the cover missing, but later found it in the glove compartment.

:29:

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I picked mine up, I noticed the hole in the steering column and the sales rep reached into the glove compartment where the cover was stored in a small plastic bag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found that mine had been put in upside down, turned 180 deg. The tabs on the piece are not spaced the same on each side so make sure you look in the hole to match up the tabs. Mine had been forced and all the tabs had broken off.
john

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
MIne was placed back in during the dealer prepped but noticed that the area was all scraped up ... like they could not find the hole in which to pop it out ...

PrG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone have a picture of this pen clip or can descibe where it is and what it looks like? I haven't seen anything in my center console that would qualify as a pen clip, but I did have a few pieces of plastic in a baggie (maybe one of those is it!).

BillR said:
When I test drove mine there were 4 or 5 bags of small seals and plastic bits (including the one that's missing) in the glove compartment.
Mine didn't have the pen clip in the center console.
The dealer got one in about a week.
They should be able to to the same for you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
pen clip

It is a pen clip that you can really clip a pen, on the top part of the flip out consel that has the cell phone clip below it.

Look into web site that show the cell phone crandle, you may see the pen clip also.

·
Registered
212 Posts
the picture

Go to the gallery section, go to the Pilot photo site.
Go down to the one showing the flip out consel with the cell phone crandle, at the tip of the phone's antenna, there is the clip and the indent for the pen.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: the picture

Thanks. I guess I just didn't notice that.:confused: The area next to the cell phone then must be the post-it holder. I guess I'll have to go get some post-its now.

PChiu said:
Go to the gallery section, go to the Pilot photo site.
Go down to the one showing the flip out consel with the cell phone crandle, at the tip of the phone's antenna, there is the clip and the indent for the pen.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Business Cards

Think I saw some literature that this area next to the pen clip is for business cards . . . . that's what I have there anyway.

·
Registered
395 Posts
BillR said:
Why is this access cover a dealer prep item? What inside the sterring column does this hole access?
:confused:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Opening on steering column

It's a bypass to the transmission interlock. If the interlock won't release (maybe your towing it with a dead battery) you insert the key into the hole to shift it into neutral.

The notepad holder is under the cell phone holder (it must be removed to use it). The space to the right of the cell phone holder is for business cards (works great).

·
Registered
232 Posts
My cover was there but not completely in. I lifted it up and the dealer had bent the four prongs trying to force it in the holes. Rather than make a big deal about it and figuring I would never use the shift interlock anyway I bent most of them back (although they were about to break off) and stuck it back in.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Missing Cell Phone Cradle

Mine is missing the cell phone cradle. They are looking for the replacement. Here is a picture for those who wonder:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts