Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A SF Bay Area Honda dealer has been running radio ads the past week or two that breathlessly announce their "September Clearance Sale!"

"All Cars on Sale! Including Pilots and Odysseys!"

So what is the "sale price" on Pilots?

MSRP.

Yep, they are doing us the favor of not charging a dealer markup. I gotta wonder what people will think when they get to the dealer and find the sale price is actually full price.

Any lawyers out there that can address the issue of saying a vehicle is on sale when it really is full price.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
allingoodtime said:
A SF Bay Area Honda dealer has been running radio ads the past week or two that breathlessly announce their "September Clearance Sale!"

"All Cars on Sale! Including Pilots and Odysseys!"

So what is the "sale price" on Pilots?

MSRP.

Yep, they are doing us the favor of not charging a dealer markup. I gotta wonder what people will think when they get to the dealer and find the sale price is actually full price.

Any lawyers out there that can address the issue of saying a vehicle is on sale when it really is full price.
they probably had one or two pilots on "sale"...probably demos etc...(just to cover their ass) :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
496 Posts
allingoodtime said:
The only ad I've heard is for a sale on 2003 models. Is the MSRP for '04 or '03? Just curious.

kad

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Even Honda Corp is playing this game. It's frustrating. I wish someone would send an attorney in there and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
There is perhaps one way to get around the "clearance sale" moniker and yet still charge MSRP, as the MSRP is a suggested price. I guess the dealer could state that MSRP is a clearance price in comparison to a "regional market price" if conditions dictate a price above MSRP, as was once common. Still a deceitful way of doing things...but it would probably hold up to legal challenge. We accept this faulty logic and questionable pricing schemes everyday at the pumps....:3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Re: Re: misleading advertising

kadiir said:
The only ad I've heard is for a sale on 2003 models. Is the MSRP for '04 or '03? Just curious.

kad
I take that back - I heard the ad & they don't mention model year, so you're right (I'm sure you knew that :eek: ).

I've heard their ads for years - I love their tag line - it always makes me laugh (sorry - I don't remember the exact verbiage). For the "#1 volume dealer in the country" you'd think they would be cheaper :rolleyes:

kad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts