Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an e-mail from Honda with the subject line "Honda Clearance on Pilot." Exciting, no? To those of us who haven't bought a Pilot yet, anyway. Here's what it says:

Honda Clearance offers you a once-a-year opportunity to save on a Honda vehicle.

Get into a Honda Odyssey. Named "Best Minivan" by Automobile magazine. Or perhaps you'd prefer the extremely functional Honda Element. It features 64 seating configurations, a clamshell tailgate and side cargo doors for easy loading. Then again, there's the 240-hp, 4-wheel-drive Pilot with available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™.

But if versatility and space are your preference, take the CR-V for a test drive. It comes with a powerful i-VTEC® engine, as well as 72 cu. ft. of cargo space, and delivers a smooth and comfortable ride. Then there's the technologically advanced electric-motor Honda Insight. It delivers the best gas mileage in America and you never have to plug it in. Of course, if you're looking for the ultimate performance vehicle in the Honda family, consider the 240-hp Honda S2000.

There are so many Hondas and so little time to choose. Click to see our offers during Honda Clearance.
So I clicked to see the offers, assuming there will be one for the Pilot, as advertised. Nope! Nothing! Civic, Accord, even Ody, but no special offers for the Pilot. So what's with the "Honda Clearance on Pilot" crap? :3:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
tracy said:

So I clicked to see the offers, assuming there will be one for the Pilot, as advertised. Nope! Nothing! Civic, Accord, even Ody, but no special offers for the Pilot. So what's with the "Honda Clearance on Pilot" crap? :3:
Just to get our attention.

Guess we should know better. But, it IS true that Pilots are generally selling now for a lot less than many of us paid last year.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't bought my Pilot yet and was also frustrated that the clearance really doesn't include the Pilot. Prices around here have stayed very steady and I don't think any "clearance" will change that. I hope I'm wrong. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
True. I agree. There is no need for a company like Honda to give such deceptive ads. I also received an email saying all Honda's are on clearance with a link to their web-site. I also saw an ad in the TV. When I went to their website, the ONLY car that they have on clearance and special offers is Civic. Nothing else. It is totally frustrating. The ad is just to lure customers. :(

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Mine had the same subject. I'm guessing if we were registared Civic owners it would have read "Honda Clearance on Civic".

I thought I was going to have good news to post when I saw the subject line. They even flash the Pilot in the add. Pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
There are full page ads in Newsday every Friday and Sunday from all the major Honda dealers here on Long Island. None of the ads even acknowledge the existence of the Pilot. They're having no problem selling every single one they're alloted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts