Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2005 Honda Pilot Ex-l with RES. I have just replaced a fuel pump and it had solved the misfires on all cylinders. Now whenever the engine is cold started, it throws a code for misfire on cylinders 1 3 and 6. Once the engine warms up and the codes are cleared, the light will not come back on until it is started when the engine is cold. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what your solutions were.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add that we have already replaced spark plugs with new iridium plugs and also have put in new coil packs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thank you for responding. I will go ahead and do a valve adjustment. Will report back once it's completed if that doesn't solve the misfire.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Also consider replacing the PCV valve and replacing / cleaning the EGR valve, ports and passages.

·
Read Only
293 Posts
if it only occurs after the car has been sitting a while and you’re missing coolant or have air in your coolant (makes a loud whoosh sound when taking the radiator cap off or fills up your coolant overflow bottle) you should look into a blown head gasket. I would start out with a valve adjustment but hg was my problem. What happened to me is it wasn’t the fact the engine was cold it was that the car had been sitting and allowed the car time to leak coolant into the cylinders causing the misfire.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
Let’s do something simple. Swap one if the “misbehaving “ coils with one not having problems. Let’s see if the misfire moves.,

I’m wondering if you got lucky and picked up a few bad coils.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had the valve adjustment done today. It appears to have solved the problem, no codes anymore. Thanks for the help

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Let it sit for a day or two and then come
Back and see if it misfires. If it does you may have a headgasket problem. I went down this exact same road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts