Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Pilot. The heater core has been flushed. The thermostat is good. After reaching temp, the radiator hoses are HOT. The hoses to the heater core are barely warm. During a 90 degree day, the engine temp does not go up even with the A/C working. The temp control valve, controlled by a cable turns so that is working and it has been replaced since the original one did not turn.
Is there another valve somewhere I haven't found yet?
Could there be another hose of line that is possibly plugged?
How can I test all the other hoses and lines?
Thanks in advance for helping.
Bill

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,047 Posts
Are you talking front or rear heater? My Pilot never had great heat output at the rear. Note that rear heat comes out near the floor and not from the upper vents.
Have you checked operation of the air mix motors?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a 2003 Pilot. The heater core has been flushed. The thermostat is good. After reaching temp, the radiator hoses are HOT. The hoses to the heater core are barely warm. During a 90 degree day, the engine temp does not go up even with the A/C working. The temp control valve, controlled by a cable turns so that is working and it has been replaced since the original one did not turn.
Is there another valve somewhere I haven't found yet?
Could there be another hose of line that is possibly plugged?
How can I test all the other hoses and lines?
Thanks in advance for helping.
Bill
Have you double-checked coolant level, and for leaking under the car? That sounds like pretty classic low coolant.

I would also check ATF just to make sure you're not loosing coolant into the transmission. That isn't reported much on '03's, it seems, but its an easy check and a bad outcome if it goes on very long.

If all good, I agree it sounds like a blockage somewhere. I use the '06-'08 service manual you can download free, but I suspect its close enough. It shows direct hose runs except for the heater valve. If the core was flushed and the hoses are known to be good, I would check the procedure for setting the heater valve and make sure that its not closed when its supposed to be open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts