Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking about glue-on's for the external
apps as well as the ones held by the sucktion
for the internal apps (baby mirror type e.t.c.).
Most of the ones I see in retail are SO distortive
it's not even funny.

Has anyone found a source of good quality
ones? I know Napolex makes Fizz series that
are supposed to be good, but have not seen
any retailers that carry them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I should probably notice it more but I just used the 2 1/2" ones in the outside lower corners and am happy with the results. They were from K-Mart. I only use them to identify the vehicle is in my blind spot as compared to really eyeing it up. The passenger side always, mysteriously, ends up pointed more towards the ground as the vehicle is parallel parked....hmmm...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my eyes on the Autobahn mirror for a while.
It's not cheap, and i was curious is there
anything else of that quality out there. Napolex
would be one, but I don't know any Fizz retailers.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The ones I got from Kmart came off without damage but it had to be worked. I had put them at the bottom inside of the mirrors first and then decided to move the one to the outside top ni the same few minutes. I then two weeks later decided I wanted them on the bottom outside which is where I think they work best. The mirrors themselves peeled fine but the backing took a little bit. First I peeled it by hand leaving mostly sticky. Second I used some Goof-Off (CAREFULLY) to remove the stickiness. Lastly I use a good window cleaner to take care of the streaks. At that point I used some 3M two sided emblem tape to reattach them where I wanted them. I'm sure removing the 3M would be a different story.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like the info on the Autobahn mirror.
Blindspotz makes a convex mirror that doesn't obsure the outside mirrors in most cases. I'm not sure about the Pilot.
I tried their website but it isn't there (at least right now).
www.blindspotz.com.
Walmart carries some of them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts