Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, for those wanting to see the 17" Mille Miglias in a gun metal finish on a Sagebrush. Sorry for the low res, I'm using the stills function of my camcorder. Best I can do for now. Hope you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
MDXlite: Me likes!!! From far away, they almost look like the stock Honda ones....!!! ;)

P.S. Still waiting on those "Sagebrush @ Daytona Beach" pictures...... :p :4: :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
looks good. Any feedback on handling changes with 17's and Michelin XTerrains??

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davemac said:
looks good. Any feedback on handling changes with 17's and Michelin XTerrains??
Definate improvement with all around handling- braking, cornering, etc. Feels more planted and stable. Slightly(maybe) more road noise but very negligable at this point.

Looks proportionate to vehicle size, same OD as stock, no rpm issues or clearance issues.

Single best upgrade with sunroof second, IMHO.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kemosabe said:
MDXlite: From far away, they almost look like the stock Honda ones....!!! ;)
Very observant Kemo. That wasn't a coincidence. I deliberately shopped for a twin 5-spoke just for that reason!

Have to bring those Daytona shots into work to scan. Will do so this week....(try anyway, I'm so SLACK)

·
Registered
28 Posts
mille's

mdxlite, the gun metal does look great on the sage brush color. thanks for those great shots..

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I LIKE!!!

I never like aftermarket wheels on cars, but you did it RIGHT! 17's just look more proportionate on the Pilot, like the X has always had...Why the 16's for the Pilot I wonder?
Love your choice of style too.
Aftermarket well done!!!
Can't wait to see more pics (I want those steps too):4:

·
Registered
1 Posts
MDXlite,

You mentioned no issue of clearance, what is your estimation of clearance on front struts housing to the tire? Reading daveb's post, he's using AT Italia Flash; he's stating clearance on this rim with Michelin CT 255-60R17 is 1/16". This is very close, I'm wondering in the snow and/or mud driving what the potential problems would be.

Another question, do you know the rim weight for Mille Miglia vs. the AT Italia Flash; I would think the lighter the rim the better the performance, I may be wrong here.

Ref. on daveb post: http://hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3730

I just got my Sagebrush a week ago, already has 600 miles on it. I think it would be more appropriate to have 255 w/ 17" rim.

Thanks,
Taupie

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can squeeze my pinky finger in the gap so 3/8"-1/2". ( I have fat fingers)
Don't worry about the weight. The difference between alloy wheels like this is not enough to matter. True reduced unsprung weight helps keep the wheels planted but you'd have to go to very expensive lightweight wheels to garner improvements, if any, plus you'd want your suspension calibrated to match. You get the point.

I have 8k miles and have not had any clearance issues at all.

Go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts