Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... and a bunch of other Hondas.

I just got back from Baltimore and a shipment of Hondas was being unloaded. I could not believe the row upon row upon row of Pilots, not to mention the line of them being driven in to make new rows. They were the last to come off apparently since the most of the others models were already filling the rest of the staging area.

I was in the industrial part of the harbor, so I'm assuming that they were brought in by ship and were being loaded onto train cars. But was wondering what the real scoop might be.

So, experts:
What is the shipping route / mode of delivery for our favorite four wheelers?

I've figured out that the stork doesn't deliver them.:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
terrier said:

So, experts:
What is the shipping route / mode of delivery for our favorite four wheelers?

I don't know, but maybe one of them is my SS EX-L that due to me on Wednesday in Sacramento... :drool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Why would they take a boat from Canada? Or maybe they were putting them on a boat to go elsewhere?

Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are several CSX trains that originate in Chicago and Detroit that carry autos to Baltimore and Phildelphia. As the Pilot is made in Ontario, my GUESS would be that they are shipped by train. Going by ship to Baltimore would be WAAAY out of the way. Philadelphia is a port with more direct access to the Atlantic than Baltimore.

With any luck, one of them is my EX-L headed for Rockville Md.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Phil_D said:
There are several CSX trains that originate in Chicago and Detroit that carry autos to Baltimore and Phildelphia. As the Pilot is made in Ontario, my GUESS would be that they are shipped by train. Going by ship to Baltimore would be WAAAY out of the way. Philadelphia is a port with more direct access to the Atlantic than Baltimore.

With any luck, one of them is my EX-L headed for Rockville Md.
Phil_D: Your last name wouldn't by any chance happen to be Dawson, would it??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I know mine came by rail from Ontario to Detroit, then was trucked to Ann Arbor. This based on information from the truck driver who delivered it to the dealer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't know how they got mine over here at California. But when I got mine, only 20 some miles on it, yet I observed some rust under chassis and some rust on balance weight of wheel. Did you see similar things?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ours was shipped (last August) by rail to Nashville, TN then it
SAT FOR A WEEK
and was trucked back north to here (Lexington, KY)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts