Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start this new Thread to track the number miles on our (users of HONDA-PILOT>ORG) Pilots. Also I think its interesting to see who do the most driving. and the type of miles that is being put on this vehicle, such as ciity drive, mostly highway, a lot of off roading, etc, etc...

Who on this site got the pilot first? what is the miles on the pilot. any problem since you picked it up.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
we picked up our Pilot on June 26, and now we have about 1500 miles on it. no problem so far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
picked u June 1 - around 3400 miles at present.

A couple of short weekend trips (about 350 miles round trip) as well as the daily grind of summer kid shuffling (I do a lot of it!)

No major problems, but a fair amount of rattling and clattering. All in all, happy with the Pilot and love the way it looks and manuevers. So glad I got it instead of my second choice, the Odyssey!

Will need to figure out the rattles and engine knocking, but the dealership seems responsive and has fixed one window scrunch. I just need to find time between all the driving to schedule another service visit!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lovin' it!

6/12/02 Pick-up date and 1,600 miles. Mostly commuting to work with a few "weekend trips" around the area.

It's been fantastic (except for the ?*%#@! windshield washer leak).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every mile a pleasure

Delivery date 6/21/02 1,647 miles including 600 mile highway/mountain trip to Pittsburgh. Great thru the mountains but I did notice the shifting issue.

Got 20.5 MPG up the mountain, 22.8 down, with 4 adults and 2 kids on board. Yes my 10 year old was in the third row for the 5 hour trip. didn't seem to bother her. Yes it was tight, but I think she liked being in her own section of the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Delivered 6/12. 2355 trouble free miles. Averaging about 20.5 mpg mixed driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Picked up 7/6, about 900 miles, two trips into Maine woods. Going in today to fix - we hope - the clicking noise that's been reported and which we have. No other problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just read on General.General Disscussions.too much tire pressure.

It seems that this is a common problem for all new delivery vehicle including the pilot. Go to the thread above for more info.

proper tire pressure will help prolong the tire and gives a smooth ride and better gas milage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
picked up June 20 -- 400 miles as of today. All city driving, and poor gas mileage on first tank (approx. 15). No scrunches, clicks, rattles or other bothersome noises.

·
Registered
185 Posts
After 6 weeks and 1600 miles, my Pilot is well on it's way to becoming my favorite Honda yet. Very nicely done vehicle, solid and smooth on the road yet nimble enough around town. Making or exceeding EPA mileage estimates. Came through two 1st model year minor issues [window scrunch and ceiling seat belt holders] and a few other of the nuances noted on this board, but all-in-all no big deal working out the nits. Had a no-hassle purchase experience and have a dealer with a responsive service department. Researched and test drove the Highlander, but extremely pleased I went with the Pilot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Picked ours up on June 8th. 2700 trouble free miles so far. 880 mile road trip. The rest is a mixture of city and highway. Great vehicle. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
MILES AND PROBLEMS

PICKED UP 6/6/02. HAVASU BLUE EX-L 4400 MILES ,3750 SCEDULED SERVICE,NO PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS...... JUST A PLEASURE TO OWN AND DRIVE.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 3,085 miles on my SS EX-L RES. Took delivery on 6-3-02. Just got back from Bethany Beach, DE. The miles are a mix of turnpike and local.
Problems:
Paint doesn't match in door jambs (well documented in this forum)
Headliner falling off by driver's side sun visor
steering wheel off center when driving straight
clunking/squeeking noise in rear suspension
poor radio reception
blemished area in paint by back door on drivers side needed to be buffed out
:3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts