Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very recent purchase and the Pilot 2019 EX is only about 600 in mileage. After I start the engine, and have the car sitting still at parking gear. I could hear this mild and subtle ticking sound from the front of the vehicle going on constantly. It is really hard to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. At first I thought it was the A/C but it doesn't go away after I turn the A/C off. I wouldn't even call it a "noise" as it is kind mild and not as disturbing. But it is definitely there and by my experience I don't think it is a normal sound that is supposed to be there.

The ticking sound is sorta like the sound made by those wind-up kitchen timers. But instead of tic-tac, tic-tac, it's more like tic-tic-tic-tic... In order to best describe the sound, I found a random timer video on youtube with the sound came pretty close -

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 touring with 580 miles. Same ticking sound from dash but only when at a stop or parked. Have you had any luck w cause? Before I go to dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very recent purchase and the Pilot 2019 EX is only about 600 in mileage. After I start the engine, and have the car sitting still at parking gear. I could hear this mild and subtle ticking sound from the front of the vehicle going on constantly. It is really hard to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. At first I thought it was the A/C but it doesn't go away after I turn the A/C off. I wouldn't even call it a "noise" as it is kind mild and not as disturbing. But it is definitely there and by my experience I don't think it is a normal sound that is supposed to be there.

The ticking sound is sorta like the sound made by those wind-up kitchen timers. But instead of tic-tac, tic-tac, it's more like tic-tic-tic-tic... In order to best describe the sound, I found a random timer video on youtube with the sound came pretty close -

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
It's the power steering. Bad seal on the o-rings for the in and out lines to the pump. Could also be a clogged power steering reservoir. I just swapped all 3 on my pilot and its quiet as can be.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
It's the power steering. Bad seal on the o-rings for the in and out lines to the pump. Could also be a clogged power steering reservoir. I just swapped all 3 on my pilot and its quiet as can be.
2019 Pilots don't have PS pump or reservoir.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
148 Posts
Same exact sound on my 2020 Black Ed.. Yea, electronic steering control on the 3rd Gen’s.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Thank you....did you get it fixed or something I have to live with?
Engine tick tick tick is normal.
Tick tick tick in the dash I'm not experiencing in my 2017.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2020 touring with 580 miles. Same ticking sound from dash but only when at a stop or parked. Have you had any luck w cause? Before I go to dealer. Thanks.
I ended up doing nothing, it seems stopped after awhile, or it could be me getting used to it so it is less detectable by my ears : )

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
148 Posts
Thank you....did you get it fixed or something I have to live with?
Mine I only really hear or notice when I pop the hood. Outside of that, I can’t hear it. I’m thinking it’s how this V6 engine type sounds....and just be vigilant if it changes. My previous accord had similar “ticking” for its 11 years that I owned it (bought it new).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine I only really hear or notice when I pop the hood. Outside of that, I can’t hear it. I’m thinking it’s how this V6 engine type sounds....and just be vigilant if it changes. My previous accord had similar “ticking” for its 11 years that I owned it (bought it new).
Thank you....its just unique that it only does it when at a stand still. Will pop hood t onsee if its just the engine and it seems like it comes from dash. Be safe.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,727 Posts
Oh you silly, silly, boy. That is a dual function timer. First it counts down the warranty. When the warranty expires it resets and count downs until it randomly causes something too fail. You can not escape the vehicle count down timer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts