Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2011 pilot exl, and I'm hearing a noise from the backend when driving. Like a constant humming noise. I can't tell if it's the right or left rear. I checked the brakes and they are not grinding. So I'm thinking the hub bearings. I'm thinking of doing the brakes anyways as they are low, I'm do them myself, and was thinking of replacing the hub bearings at the same time. Where is a good place to get the bearing? Local auto stores are expensive, where online is cheaper. What is a decent brand to use?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
960 Posts
Is your Pilot AWD? Perhaps the rear differential is due for fluid service? Use Honda VTM4 fluid only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not awd. I thought that myself. Anyway to check other than removing the cover? Thanks

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
No need for OEM on these. There are some very good brands on RockAuto.com . SKF is pricey but nice. Timkin is less price. (Standard replacement)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might sounds like a stupid question. Mine has 4wd, front wheel when 4wd not engaged. Is that considered awd when ordering the hub assembly? Or do I still go for rear hubs for fw drive?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Select parts for a 4wd or AWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts