Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Midnight blue

6135 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  FERNYKUSH69
I am in the process of buying a Pilot and am intrigued by the midnight blue color for 04. Is it a dark navy blue or a highly mettalic blue with hints of purple ala the civic blue. If you have pictures please post
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15,161 Posts
Colonel said:
I am in the process of buying a Pilot and am intrigued by the midnight blue color for 04. Is it a dark navy blue or a highly mettalic blue with hints of purple ala the civic blue. If you have pictures please post
A picture will not do it justice.

The answer is YES, it is a very dark blue with highly metalic hues under sunlight. Sort of like Eternal Blue (Civic, CR-V and Acura) but much darker.

Best to look at it yourself. You can see it on 2003 Odysseys and MDXs

· Registered
176 Posts
No purple...

It is <i> almost</i> Navy blue -- the Eternal Blue tends a bit toward the "electric" and even the Aegean Blue has more of that "bright" pigment to it. My MDX is "MBP", and we really like it -- IMHO it looks better on the MDX than the Ody due to the contrast with the chrome door pulls and such...

· Registered
359 Posts
We saw the Midnight Blue on an Odyssey, and really liked it. It is definitely NOT purple or neon or some other goofy look. We also wanted the gray leather interior. Like black, it will be difficult to keep clean, but we are expecting our 2004 EXL-RES in about 3-4 weeks...:2:

· Registered
11,049 Posts
kemosabe said:
Like N_Jay said, pictures won't do it justice... but here goes anyway!!! :D

Acura MDX in Midnight Blue
Jay and N_Jay agree. Pictures don't do it justice. I saw an MDX yesterday with a saddle interior and it was beautiful. The pictures just don't capture the gleaming metalflake paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.