Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly, pressing the black buttons on either middle-row seat won’t fold/slide them to allow third row access, unless the back latch on the bottom of the seat is pulled.

I am guessing the latch is some kind of a manual “override”.

What would make all for buttons on both seats stop working like that? And if something is broken how can it be fixed?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Model year and trim level? Is your vehicle still under warranty? Any recent work or after market mods to wiring? The actuators for the seats are located in the seat backs. You should hear them activate when the button is pushed. The actuators only function when the gear selector Is in Park. The MICU gets an input from gear position switch and determines if the function should be enabled. Pilots with the 6speed transmision have had problems with the range switch not sensing the Park position. If this is your problem you should be seeing other issues. Any other symptoms besides the seat not working? Since both seats are not working it’s an electrical problem. First thing to check is the fuse for that circuit. I did quick search of the owner’s manual but didn’t see an obvious fuse listing for the 2nd row seats. Maybe someone with access to circuit diagrams could provide more information. Please update us when you find the cause of the failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Model year and trim level? Is your vehicle still under warranty? Any recent work or after market mods to wiring? The actuators for the seats are located in the seat backs. You should hear them activate when the button is pushed. The actuators only function when the gear selector Is in Park. The MICU gets an input from gear position switch and determines if the function should be enabled. Pilots with the 6speed transmision have had problems with the range switch not sensing the Park position. If this is your problem you should be seeing other issues. Any other symptoms besides the seat not working? Since both seats are not working it’s an electrical problem. First thing to check is the fuse for that circuit. I did quick search of the owner’s manual but didn’t see an obvious fuse listing for the 2nd row seats. Maybe someone with access to circuit diagrams could provide more information. Please update us when you find the cause of the failure.
2016 Touring. No recent Electric work. Not under warranty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can you hear the actuators turn on when you press the One touch button? If not then an open fuse would be the first item I would suspect. Unfortunately looking at the fuse listings, it’s not obvious to me which fuse feeds this circuit. You can test each electrical item (wipers, seat heaters, lights, etc) to see if anything else isn’t working. If a fuse is open it may effect more than just the one touch function. You can also visually check the fuse boxes for a blown fuse. (See the owners manual for fuse locations and what a blown fuse looks like). Fuses don’t normally wear out so if you find a blown fuse there’s something else wrong. But you may get lucky, replace the fuse and never have another problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts