Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Middle Row - ceiling belt PROBLEM!!

Anyone have a problem with the middle belt in the ceiling retracting backwards so the buckles don't clip in correctly?:confused:

Typically, the belt retracts and the buckle slides in the slot closest to the back window and then the smaller buckle slides in the smaller slot.

Mine is flipped so I would have to twist the buckle around to slide them in properly? I pulled it all the way out but it didn't seem to be twisted up in the mechanism though?!?

I swear it didn't come that way.:3:

should have taken a picture....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have seen that problem in my chevy venture> you can fix it by folding the belt and slipping thru the slot in the buckle and the buckle will move to the correct side of the belt> it takes a little work the slip the belt thru the buckle when its folded but it will fit. good luck!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PilotCrazy said:
...you can fix it by folding the belt and slipping thru the slot in the buckle and the buckle will move to the correct side of the belt
now I feel like a dork. it was that easy to fix. Thanks PilotCrazy.

Sometimes the obvious eludes me.:p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Pilot4Biking said:

now I feel like a dork. it was that easy to fix. Thanks PilotCrazy.

Sometimes the obvious eludes me.:p
Anything for a fellow Piloteer

Regards

PilotCrazy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Middle Row - ceiling belt PROBLEM!!

Pilot4Biking said:
Mine is flipped so I would have to twist the buckle around to slide them in properly? I pulled it all the way out but it didn't seem to be twisted up in the mechanism though?!?

I swear it didn't come that way.:3:

should have taken a picture....
I am having the same problem with my 2005 EX-L. First time my daughter sat back there, used the belt, tried to put it back but she said it was twisted. I tried folding the belt and slipping the belt through the slot in the buckle but the space on the buckle is to tight. I now know how my wife feels when she tries to fit into her little black dress :17:

I will try and attach the image.

Any suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Middle Row - ceiling belt PROBLEM!!

Here is the 2nd row ceiling belt. The latch points up.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Middle Row - ceiling belt PROBLEM!!

Last picture with the 3rd row belt connected. Since latch is pointing down, you cannot connect it properly without twisting the belt. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure this one out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Middle Row - ceiling belt PROBLEM!!

XPhile said:
Last picture with the 3rd row belt connected. Since latch is pointing down, you cannot connect it properly without twisting the belt. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure this one out.
There are two slots in the roof housing. From you picture, it appears that you have the anchor connector in the front most (larger) slot. The smaller anchor connector slips into the rearmost (smaller) slot and the seat belt tongue then inserts into the front most (larger) slot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts