Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback experience with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S and the General Grabber HTS 60?

Looking to replace my Michelin LTX M/S 2 that were discontinued for an 07.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
If you've been happy with the Michelin LTX M/S 2, then go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, which is its heir apparent. I have the former, and will go with the latter when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I had two sets of the LTX M/S on an '06 Pilot and a '99 ML320... the tire was excellent on both and I'd highly consider it on any of our vehicles if the budget allowed.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Any feedback experience with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S and the General Grabber HTS 60?
Looking to replace my Michelin LTX M/S 2 that were discontinued for an 07.
I'd avoid the General Grabber HTS 60.
I almost bought a set last year. While the TireRack site lists the manufacturing location for the 235/70R16 size as the US, the four tires that arrived at the installer were made in one of three different locations - Germany, Mexico or Brazil.
I'd rather that a new set of tires came from the same factory, and were made at about the same time.

I would have bought a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S but was disappointed that the prior set of LTX M/S2 developed cracks in the bottom of the tread grooves well before the tires were worn out. Not what I was expecting from a premium priced tire.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been a Michelin fan since '73. However, when I pulled my Latitude Tour (only because they were 10 y.o.) and replaced them with the Defender, my mileage drop was immediate. I was really spoiled by the Latitude, EPA was 22 for me, and I would consistently get 24.25 mpg. With original GY I would get 22.07.
I thought it was a fluke, and when I changed wheels/tires on my new Passport, I put on Defenders. I can't even attain the mpg I got on the Pilot with the Latitudes, and the PP has a much lower engine rpm due to 4 OD gears.
I sure wish they had still made the Latitude in the size I wanted.
The Defenders are great otherwise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts