Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use this tire on their Pilot? I always used Michelin Primacy tires on the car that preceded the Pilot. I've got a 2017 Touring AWD and live in Minnesota.

Seems like it is a pretty new tire, and that always makes me hesitate. I'd like to replace the factory tires before winter.

Our driving style is nothing special, go to work, run the kids to practice, etc...

If anybody has any experience with this one on their Pilot I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Anybody use this tire on their Pilot? I always used Michelin Primacy tires on the car that preceded the Pilot. I've got a 2017 Touring AWD and live in Minnesota.

Seems like it is a pretty new tire, and that always makes me hesitate. I'd like to replace the factory tires before winter.

Our driving style is nothing special, go to work, run the kids to practice, etc...

If anybody has any experience with this one on their Pilot I'd love to hear it.
The CrossClimate Michelin tested very well in the Dec. '19 issue of CR Magazine.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Since CR does not sell tires, their tests are about as unbiased as you can get.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Such an unusual tread design for a non performance oriented tire. I'd be worried about road noise, although that does not seem to be a common complaint, including in Tire Rack's test.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I believe noise is one of the “tested” components that CR conducts under controlled conditions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got CrossClimates for my 2015 EXL. I have about 5K miles on them.
So far, great in the rain and not too noisy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had the CrossClimate SUV tires installed 2 weeks ago. So far we've racked a little over 100 miles with 70/30 highway/rural roads. It was quite an interesting design indeed and the grooves are pretty much pronounced so at first I had hesitations as to whether I'd regret getting these.

Our Pilot got quiet on the road! The OEM Duelers were already on their last remaining treads (4/32) and they were so annoying! They got loud and drone and the steering wheel vibrated which made the driving stressful. We immediately liked these Michelins. We just have to mention that these haven't been used in pouring rain and ponding water yet, and even on snow so our opinion might still change 6 months to a year from now. But with the $150 discount currently being offered by Michelin that was a deal we weren't able to resist.

BTW: It claims that it was given the Triple Mountain Peak Symbol being very good in the snow. We'll see about that.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a quick follow up on this. Put the CrossClimate2's on the car almost 4 weeks ago. Happy to say road noise is not an issue. I was listening hard for it at first - I felt that some stretches of highway were louder than I remember, and some were definitely quieter. So most likely its all in my head and there isn't any appreciable noise difference from the stock tires.

We've had a couple bigger snowfalls in the last month and I have been VERY happy with how the tire handles in the snow.

Overall I would recommend for your pilot when you need new tires. Plus I think the tracks they leave in the snow look pretty cool.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Just a quick follow up on this. Put the CrossClimate2's on the car almost 4 weeks ago. Happy to say road noise is not an issue. I was listening hard for it at first - I felt that some stretches of highway were louder than I remember, and some were definitely quieter. So most likely its all in my head and there isn't any appreciable noise difference from the stock tires.

We've had a couple bigger snowfalls in the last month and I have been VERY happy with how the tire handles in the snow.

Overall I would recommend for your pilot when you need new tires. Plus I think the tracks they leave in the snow look pretty cool.
This is an excellent tire review for me. OP reviewed them, read/got advice, tried them- Great results!

I'm sold, maybe a set for our 15 4WD soon.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts