Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this model of Michelin Tire?

Michelin ®
CrossClimate® SUV

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've seen a bunch of folks on the Odyssey forums getting the new Cross Climate 2. Seems to be getting very good reviews. If I didn't run Blizzaks in the winter I would definitely have these on my short list for a 4-season tire.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
No...

No......

No.........

The answer is always...............

SUMITOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

·
Registered
74 Posts
No, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. Just keep in mind you can't do a 4 wheel rotation though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you would just do a front to rear rotate.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I think you would just do a front to rear rotate.
Hmm, I see Mich is following the industry? I thought front to back was old school. :p

·
Registered
846 Posts
After reading great reviews about the Cross Climate 2 tires, I ordered four of them for my son's vehicle. Don't need any for my Pilot yet but these at the moment would be my first choice if I needed tires.

Michelin has a $70.00 instant rebate on the tires where I bought them from until Dec 31, and the store (BJ's) has free installation, balance and rotation for life along with free flat repair and free road hazard insurance. Normal fee of $20.00 per tire so additional $80.00 savings.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
846 Posts
Now that we got the rotation out of the way, has any mounted and running these tires
His are being installed later this week as they had to be ordered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a set installed on my 2015 Pilot. I have about 5K miles on them.

Overall I am very pleased with them. They are a little noisier than the OEM tires, but traction in rain has been very good. Also ride might be a touch harsher as, if I recall, they have a slightly higher load rating. Though rated for snow, I won' be using them as I have a set of Blizzaks.

Can't speak as to how long they will last but rotating them with snows, I assume they will die of "age" before tread gives out.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm intrigued by these tires being one of the new "all weather" type of tire that bridges the gap between snow tires and all season tires. I don't have experience but TFL put them on their Model Y... Also, Jason from Engineering Explained just posted a technical video on them (that was sponsored) a week or two ago.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That's a deal killer for many.
When I was shopping for tires for the Pilot, my priorities were ride, wet (and dry) handling and quiet. I think the windshield pillar wind noise is already loud. The local Discount Tire recommended the Michelin Premier LTX. I shopped Tire Rack for price and they said they could beat the Premier price with Cross Climate 2, but that it was a rougher riding, louder tire than the Premier but a better tire in snow ... which we don't get much of in Florida. Last snowfall here in central Florida was 43 years ago.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
When I was shopping for tires for the Pilot, my priorities were ride, wet (and dry) handling and quiet. I think the windshield pillar wind noise is already loud. The local Discount Tire recommended the Michelin Premier LTX. I shopped Tire Rack for price and they said they could beat the Premier price with Cross Climate 2, but that it was a rougher riding, louder tire than the Premier but a better tire in snow ... which we don't get much of in Florida. Last snowfall here in central Florida was 43 years ago.
Yes, seem if you gain on one aspect, you give up on another.
Since I'm in Texas, we rarely get snow down south. Wife and I are always on 75mph highways. The Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS this 3rd gen EX-L came with were one of the worst tires I've ever driven on. The greatest downfall for this tire was its inability to support this 4200Lb vehicle in a 70mph turn. After owning a set of Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s on my Crosstour, I was pleasantly surprised to have this tire available in 245 60r18. These are an All Season High Performance tire that have proven to be a very stable comfortable tire for high speed driving. I'm done with the touring tires.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
So, you're way overdue for another snowfall?
Or, are you counting on global warming?
I'm sure I could speak for everyone that we would like to be somewhere comfortably between global warming and a polar vortex.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Yes, seem if you gain on one aspect, you give up on another.
Since I'm in Texas, we rarely get snow down south. Wife and I are always on 75mph highways. The Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport AS this 3rd gen EX-L came with were one of the worst tires I've ever driven on. The greatest downfall for this tire was its inability to support this 4200Lb vehicle in a 70mph turn. After owning a set of Sumitomo HTR A/S P02s on my Crosstour, I was pleasantly surprised to have this tire available in 245 60r18. These are an All Season High Performance tire that have proven to be a very stable comfortable tire for high speed driving. I'm done with the touring tires.
They should let you try tires on your car before you buy like shoe stores do for humans. At least your car doesn't have to worry about getting athlete's rim.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I don't care ... at least I wouldn't have to put up and take down snow shutters.
No snow shutters in MD... and we get 100 degree + 90% humidity plus 0 degrees with regular 12" snowfalls. Every couple years we will get 18, 24, even a 36er about 7 years ago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts