Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, we're trying to diagnose an issue on my 2011 pilot. I bought it about 6 months ago and since then it has had an intermittent rattle/clunking noise that's coming from the front drivers side. It sounds like it comes from the wheel area. Each time this has happened I have asked my husband to drive it and try and diagnose it, but by the time he gets in the noise has disappeared...like completely vanished. The precipitating factor to this noise has always been me taking my car through a car wash....then within two days the noise disappears again. It is now making the noise again after driving on snow covered roads for the past couple days here in Iowa. When we look, we can't see anything loose or hanging. Sway bars appear intact and when the tire is kicked there is no give on the suspension or noise to be heard...so we are completely lost....any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay guys, we're trying to diagnose an issue on my 2011 pilot. I bought it about 6 months ago and since then it has had an intermittent rattle/clunking noise that's coming from the front drivers side. It sounds like it comes from the wheel area. Each time this has happened I have asked my husband to drive it and try and diagnose it, but by the time he gets in the noise has disappeared...like completely vanished. The precipitating factor to this noise has always been me taking my car through a car wash....then within two days the noise disappears again. It is now making the noise again after driving on snow covered roads for the past couple days here in Iowa. When we look, we can't see anything loose or hanging. Sway bars appear intact and when the tire is kicked there is no give on the suspension or noise to be heard...so we are completely lost....any thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve fixed a metallic rattling on my 09’ that was coming from inside the door panels. So far I’ve discovered and fixed this same issue on 3 of the 4 doors. Not sure if this is what you are hearing though?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Metallic rattling is often catalytic converter heat shield or dust shield behind brake rotor, at least on the first generation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts