Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L 264k miles (RIP)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't use the thinking part of my brain and misinterpreted directions on replacing the cabin air filter. The plastic bit had already been removed so I chopped up the bracket. Not my proudest moment.

I've tried searching for one online but can't seem to find it, anyone know a SKU I can use to get a new one?
'04 Pilot

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain. :(

77551-S9V-A00ZZ

IF
what I found (#16 in the diagram) is it, that is an outrageous price for a little metal bar with four screw holes in it. It makes you want to consider welding it or getting one fabricated. Ouch.

2003-2008 Honda PILOT 5-DOOR Frame, Glove Box 77551-S9V-A00ZZ | Honda Parts Unlimited

2003-2008 Honda PILOT 5-DOOR Frame, Glove Box 77551-S9V-A00ZZ | Majestic Honda Automotive Parts

Surely that price is for the whole glovebox assembly? Frigging thing is worth 10% of my Pilot.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
That's what I assumed at first. I mean that makes no sense. I would call a couple of places and ask. If it is for the whole assembly, at least ask if you can buy just that part.

But I'm afraid I already know the usual parts guy's answer...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I gotta make fat checks and I don't make fat checks on a metal strap."

I'd be better off finding a upullit in my area. Which is in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
If you have a pull-a-part or similar place around you I would think you could get one for $5 or less.
Excellent suggestion, salvage yard. From the info linked to above, I believe any 2003-2008 should do.

Just be careful when you rip it out to do so with care this time. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent suggestion, salvage yard. From the info linked to above, I believe any 2003-2008 should do.

Just be careful when you rip it out to do so with care this time. :)
With a degree of intelligence is more appropriate. I'll just hit a pullit and grab a bunch of stuff

·
Registered
960 Posts
Why not take the pieces of the old bar and have it patched up? A little MIG welder action would do it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
That’s crazy that piece of metal is selling for $200. I wonder how many of them Honda sells. If it’s out of stock in a few days we’ll know who bought it.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts