Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smelled smoke when pulling into the garage and found a burnt wire in the under hood fuse box of my '03 pilot, but have no idea what it goes to. Diagrams in my Honda manual don't specify what it is and can't find anything on the web. Something plugs in right under the heater motor relay with the numbers Ipk06b next to it. Does anyone know what the heck this is? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a picture, not sure how to upload it though. Tried to cut and paste a pdf but I guess that's not the ticket?

·
Super Moderator
4,264 Posts
You have to have your pics uploaded to a picture hosting site like photobucket.com and copy and paste the

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe what you are pointing at is the Electric Load Detector (ELD) unit which monitors loads placed on the engine by the alternator, A/C, lights etc. Wish I could be more help, but that should get you started.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Not sure what it is yet, but here is a better pic to work with. So you are talking about the wires leading to that connector on the brown thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just had this same problem with my 03 Pilot. How did you fix it?
I would lean toward either the need for a battery replacement, or alternator replacement. If your battery is having a tough time accepting a charge it will cause the charging system to work harder, and result in higher amperage loads on the wiring and risk of melting.

Also, if brushes or regulator in the alternator are going bad you may also experience high load in the charging circuit.

If you determine the battery & alternator are fresh, then start checking for dirty / loose grounds on the battery cable or the larger feed cables going to the box. Worn or previously longer term wet cables are a possible problem source as they can corrode under the jacket and result in high amperage loads in the charging system.

Chester

1 - 14 of 14 Posts