Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had just finished lunch at a local diner and were walking back to the Pilot when I noticed a woman checking it out quite thoroughly.

Turns out she bought an MDX in May and afterwards found out about the Pilot. I mentioned that the Pilot uses regular gas and has room for 3 in the rear and almost an inch more leg. She really liked the Sagebrush color.

Well needless to say, she seemed quite impressed with the vehicle. I had the feeling that if she knew about the Pilot before she made the purchase she would be a fellow Piloteer today.

We also noticed the passengers in an MDX checking us out on the NJ turnpike. These people were doing some serious eyeballing. Well I guess its good to be noticed once in awhile.....

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
My brother has an MDX.
They got it last year before teh Pilot was anounced, waiting was not an option.
His wife (Yery non-auto centric) asked what the difference was.
I said, mine has more room, and his has more style.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think it's only natural for them to check out their new cousins. I always make sure to get a close look at MDXs when I see them. Here in Kentucky we get accussed of looking at our cousins a little too closely. ;)

Chris

·
Registered
804 Posts
xyzzy said:
Here in Kentucky we get accussed of looking at our cousins a little too closely. ;)
Ooh, I like it when you're not expecting anything, then WHAM... right in the tickle glands.

Speaking of cousins, is that how the Aztek was born? Maybe its a cross between the Chevy Avalance and the Vibe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Pilot was thoroughly checked out by a sales guy at the Acura dealership, when I drove my mom there to look at a TL. He looked out from the showroom and said "Is that a Pilot?" I answered, "Yes, would you like to see it?" and he looked inside and out for several minutes...admiring it, no doubt!:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I did a bad thing

Okay, okay, okay ... I am among "family" right?

Okay well, SOMETIMES, I just get this little playful evil streak and I decided to do a little "teasing."

We have a few car dealers here, so I decided to have a little harmless fun with my gorgeous new Pilot. I drove up into their lots and began cruising up and down the aisles, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Of course, every salesman naturally looks as they think you are a potential customer. Then, when they realize what it is, they REALLY LOOK.

You just gotta do it. Its a scream.

On your way home tomorrow, just whip into a Ford dealership and slowly drive past the new cars. Watch the salesmen.

Ah, sigh :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Copperpoppy,

I did the samething at an Acura dealership. Most of the salespeople never saw a Pilot before and were quite amazed at the vehicle. One even stated that the Pilot seemed like a much better deal then the MDX if style wasn't an important factor in the decision making process. :cool:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used to like the MDX design better than the Pilot but after a month owning a Pilot my opinion have changed. I am beginning to like the boxy look. I am personally begining to dislike the rounded front grill of the X.
Just when I thought I spotted a SS Pilot..........it's actually a HighLander Silver. From the rear afar the HL looks like a Pilot. Just probably me.........

·
Registered
900 Posts
vegasdude said:
Just when I thought I spotted a SS Pilot..........it's actually a HighLander Silver. From the rear afar the HL looks like a Pilot. Just probably me.........
Compare them here: http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1034 A friend at work has a Highlander and we park near each other. His wife drives an Odyssey and I included some comparison shots of it, too. I think they look very different from the rear! Pilot is much taller. More similar size from the front.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Pilotless said:
I did the samething at an Acura dealership. Most of the salespeople never saw a Pilot before and were quite amazed at the vehicle. One even stated that the Pilot seemed like a much better deal then the MDX if style wasn't an important factor in the decision making process. :cool:
Wow. I didn't have the moxy to stop. I just cruised. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: I did a bad thing

copperpoppy said:
Okay, okay, okay ... I am among "family" right?

Okay well, SOMETIMES, I just get this little playful evil streak and I decided to do a little "teasing."

We have a few car dealers here, so I decided to have a little harmless fun with my gorgeous new Pilot. I drove up into their lots and began cruising up and down the aisles, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Of course, every salesman naturally looks as they think you are a potential customer. Then, when they realize what it is, they REALLY LOOK.

You just gotta do it. Its a scream.

On your way home tomorrow, just whip into a Ford dealership and slowly drive past the new cars. Watch the salesmen.

Ah, sigh :)

Ooo Copperpoppy, you are a cruel young thing aren't you ;)

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
698 Posts
Re: Re: I did a bad thing

SkyPilot said:
Ooo Copperpoppy, you are a cruel young thing aren't you ;)
> wink < ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: I did a bad thing

copperpoppy said:
Didn't your mother teach you that it's not nice to tease the Explorers like that! They can't help it, it's not their fault :p

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well ... a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. :)

I plan on doing it tomorrow too.

:17:

·
Registered
81 Posts
xyzzy wrote:
I think it's only natural for them to check out their new cousins. I always make sure to get a close look at MDXs when I see them. Here in Kentucky we get accussed of looking at our cousins a little too closely.
Hey, I don't think it's the looking that draws the accusations. Not sure what it is, but don't think it is just looking

·
Registered
395 Posts
copperpoppy said:
Well ... a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. :)

I plan on doing it tomorrow too.

:17:
Gosh, I can only imagine what your dating habits were like!
:22:

·
Registered
263 Posts
srpbep said:

Hey, I don't think it's the looking that draws the accusations. Not sure what it is, but don't think it is just looking
Maybe what he meant to say was that they get accused of looking too much *LIKE* their cousins..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts