Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across an Australian Honda web site and discovered that the MDX is sold as a Honda down under. Here's the link: http://www.honda.com.au/MDX/

This gives us another source for accessories. My hope is that they will eventually sell the Pilot in a left-hand drive country so that I can finally get buttons for the right side of my dash!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ChuckW said:
I ran across an Australian Honda web site and discovered that the MDX is sold as a Honda down under. Here's the link: http://www.honda.com.au/MDX/

This gives us another source for accessories. My hope is that they will eventually sell the Pilot in a left-hand drive country so that I can finally get buttons for the right side of my dash!
Interesting... Intro is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
uh oh

No Evergreen Pearl - how can that be??? We would just have to get a Midnight Blue Pearl and trade in our other green car for a blue civic hybrid (do they exist?)...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ChuckW said:
...This gives us another source for accessories. My hope is that they will eventually sell the Pilot in a left-hand drive country so that I can finally get buttons for the right side of my dash!
That's funny, after your post Friday night (looking for buttons), I was searching for Honda's in "left hand countries". I ran accross the Honda.au site and I saw the MDX, but I missed the "H" logo on the front of it. By the way, here's a list of countries that drive on the left.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Japan

The MDX is also sold in Japan as a Honda. An owner from Japan has been posting on the MDX forum. Everyone has been trying to get him to find out about accesories.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Acura is a brand only in the us and canada, like lexus and infiniti. A honda is a honda, no matter what badge you throw on it.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jswift2000 said:
Acura is a brand only in the us and canada, like lexus and infiniti. A honda is a honda, no matter what badge you throw on it.
...that is, unless you throw a Honda badge on an Isuzu Rodeo...... ;) :p :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone is interested the MDX (Pilot) owner from Japan just posted some pictures on the MDX forum. The thread is titled "my MDX in Japan". Just thought some may find it interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2GREENCARS said:
and black leather interior? YUCK!
When I started hunting for the Pilot of my dreams, I was hoping they did a black leather, but no... I traded in my '95 VW Passat GLX (white with black leather) when I bought my Pilot.

I test drove an MDX with black leather and loved it.

I ended up buying a Red Rock Pearl EX-L RES, and I do love it. The grey leather is very nice. I loved Sagebrush Pearl, but I thought the Fern leather was too light (more prone to getting dingy).

It was VERY difficult to find a RRP EX-L RES. My dealership tried to do a dealer trade, but the other dealership would not trade theirs because they only had one and they didn't want a silver one in return. Seems like all the lots have silver these days - they must have made a lot of them. I ended up buying a demo that the dealership's GM's wife was driving. Lots of options I would not have purchased (lower trim kit, chrome on bumpers, running boards, 18 inch wheels with chrome - obviously not a Honda option), but it was the only one we could get in MY color. They were very fair on the price since it had 2000 miles on it. We are having the tow package installed and picking up the cargo cover and cargo tray this week. It was a good experience, and I like that my Pilot is unique. I'm a little concerned with buying replacement tires when the time comes, but my VW had special (read: expensive) tires, too. So I'm used to it.

I'm happy to have found this place.

I also heard the Evergreen Pearl was discontinued. The dealership could not find any in the Pacific NW.

Take care,
Holly

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Japan

feliz said:
The MDX is also sold in Japan as a Honda. An owner from Japan has been posting on the MDX forum. Everyone has been trying to get him to find out about accesories.
Do they need both MDX and Pilot?

Is that the only reason pilot was created in addition to MDX is to distinguilsh different markets. If they only have one brand, do they get both cars or just one?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, the pictures I've seen of the vehicles sold both in Japan and Australia look to be MDXs badged as Hondas. I'm not sure why they just don't sell the Pilot to begin with.

·
Registered
747 Posts
feliz said:
Well, the pictures I've seen of the vehicles sold both in Japan and Australia look to be MDXs badged as Hondas. I'm not sure why they just don't sell the Pilot to begin with.
Maybe the reason is there were only MDX three years ago?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good point but didn't they start selling in Japan and Australia after the pilot was released?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Speaking as someone from downunder, most likely Honda of Australia determined the Pilot is just too American in design for the Australian market. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bloke said:
Speaking as someone from downunder, most likely Honda of Australia determined the Pilot is just too American in design for the Australian market. :)
What are we? Huge fat people?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
timchen said:

What are we? Huge fat people?
"According to the National Center for Health Statistics, "...researchers determined that 49% of women and 59% of men have a body mass index (B.M.I.) of over 25, which would classify more than half of Americans as overweight" (Most Americans Are Overweight). Body Mass Index is found by one's weight in kilograms divided by the quantity of one's height in meters, squared. Obesity's determinant point is 23.7 B.M.I. for women and 27.8 B.M.I. for men."

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Holiday said:

It was VERY difficult to find a RRP EX-L RES. My dealership tried to do a dealer trade, but the other dealership would not trade theirs because they only had one and they didn't want a silver one in return. Seems like all the lots have silver these days - they must have made a lot of them. I ended up buying a demo that the dealership's GM's wife was driving. Lots of options I would not have purchased (lower trim kit, chrome on bumpers, running boards, 18 inch wheels with chrome - obviously not a Honda option), but it was the only one we could get in MY color. They were very fair on the price since it had 2000 miles on it.
How much did you save buying a demo? We also got a demo and options we would not have paid full price on. All in all I think we saved a few thousand.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:

"According to the National Center for Health Statistics, "...researchers determined that 49% of women and 59% of men have a body mass index (B.M.I.) of over 25, which would classify more than half of Americans as overweight" (Most Americans Are Overweight). Body Mass Index is found by one's weight in kilograms divided by the quantity of one's height in meters, squared. Obesity's determinant point is 23.7 B.M.I. for women and 27.8 B.M.I. for men."
and here comes a resort for "BIG" people :mad:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americas/06/08/big.each.ap/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts