Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this combination require only a customized air duct to connect with the stock air filter housing, or are any more customizations required?
I am asking because I am going to do a valve job soon, and the nearest scrap yard has both parts for $50 each which is incredibly tempting.
If I slapped the intake and TB on w/o replacing the cams, what could I expect in terms of extra HP? Like, 10 or 5%?

Also, does anyone know if the Pilot intake Magnesium or Aluminum? TL intakes and TB are supposed to be Magnesium from what I heard so they should be lighter.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Could have sworn the TL parts are compatible to our tin cans

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, except the intake ducts. Larger diameter TB needs a larger duct. Otherwise MDX and TL parts bolt onto even 3.2 Accord engines.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should be possible to McGuire something out of the MDX duct - it is shorter and different shape as the MDX filter housing is closer to the intake and sits higher than the Pilot's. But still some custom manufacturing would be required. Damn, I've been bitten by the performance bug.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
It should be possible to McGuire something out of the MDX duct - it is shorter and different shape as the MDX filter housing is closer to the intake and sits higher than the Pilot's. But still some custom manufacturing would be required. Damn, I've been bitten by the performance bug.
Go for it! And post pics.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Yes please do I'm also interested in doing this project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts