Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a full page ad in a magazine, stating that the MDX now has 260HP; 20 more HP than last year.

Is this a powerplant upgrade or did they squeak more HP out of the same engine that is shared with the Pilot??

Not an issue that will sway our purchase decision, but interesting nonetheless.

·
Registered
82 Posts
old news, but it's the same 3.5L engine (they didnt increase the displacement)...just tuned the exhaust system and some other tweaks...

at 240hp, my pilot has plenty of get up and go to get me in lots of trouble already

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that the 20HP+ news may have been covered in the forum before, but didn't think to first search the posts before sending my post.

What's also interesting is that the increased HP was the primary message of the ad (as if 240HP isn't enough), followed by the addition of a DVD player (a la Pilot) for the new model year.

Curious........
has there been any discussion here regarding, ahem, after-market modifications to the Pilot to boost power. I know that they may not be talked about here since warranty-police could be present, but anyone done things to increase the performance of the already potent Pilot powerplant?

·
Registered
56 Posts
vellinga said:
Curious........
has there been any discussion here regarding, ahem, after-market modifications to the Pilot to boost power. I know that they may not be talked about here since warranty-police could be present, but anyone done things to increase the performance of the already potent Pilot powerplant?
I've been curious of that myself..... anyone know of anything? :confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What do you want to do

There are plenty of Honda "tuners" out there.
The question is what do you want to gain, and what can you afford to lose.
These engines are fairly highly engineered. There is very little easily found excess power.
You want more top end, you lose bottom end,
you want more bottom, you lose top end.
In both cases you probably lose some drivability and gas milage.

·
Registered
919 Posts
While I wouldn't reject extra horsepower, I'm certainly not looking for it on the Pilot. There is more power than I'll ever need. I've felt this way about anything that I would use as a daily driver with 190+ HP. If it were a weekend use sports car I might feel differently.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts