Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, has anyone had experience that would help with putting the front seats from a 2007-2009 Acura MDX into a 2009-2011 Honda pilot or has knowledge that could help? I know that before 2009 the options on an MDX are similar to a Pilot touring and hope that these carry over to the electrics and side airbags on the driver and front passenger seat. The Acura seat is more bucket like and gives better side support.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hello All, has anyone had experience that would help with putting the front seats from a 2007-2009 Acura MDX into a 2009-2011 Honda pilot or has knowledge that could help? I know that before 2009 the options on an MDX are similar to a Pilot touring and hope that these carry over to the electrics and side airbags on the driver and front passenger seat. The Acura seat is more bucket like and gives better side support.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
I am also at the same cross roads in my situation I like the cloth and i'm ripping out those crappy pleather seats that Honda loves to put in . What i found was that there was only a minor bolt location issue where the rear portion of the frame didn't line up .. the wire harness in my case had the heated seats ... never used them but other than that it was more cut an lose to put them in.. if your going to 1 to 1 match on the harness just make sure all the pin outs match to the new seats ... if you are good at wiring just cut and solder what you need .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am also at the same cross roads in my situation I like the cloth and i'm ripping out those crappy pleather seats that Honda loves to put in . What i found was that there was only a minor bolt location issue where the rear portion of the frame didn't line up .. the wire harness in my case had the heated seats ... never used them but other than that it was more cut an lose to put them in.. if your going to 1 to 1 match on the harness just make sure all the pin outs match to the new seats ... if you are good at wiring just cut and solder what you need .
Thanks TF, i pulled some wiring diags and will figure out what I would need to connect to what.

Do you know if I can plug in the harness for side airbag as-is? I could not find a wiring diagram for the airbags, thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
duplicate post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts