Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a 2021 Honda Pilot Elite handle more than 2 sets of wireless headphones? If so, do the headphones have to be the Honda brand, or are there other (cheaper) headphones that are compatible? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
302 Posts
It’s not Bluetooth wireless, I believe it’s just IR. I forgot to return my headphones from my 16 Touring lease and it worked along with my 19 Touring (purchase) and my buddies 18 Odyssey’s headphones. I guess it can handle anything that is projecting from the RES towards the back (rear of vehicle). On that experiment, it clearly handled 6 with no issues.

Not sure about other makes, but it’s worth a try if you can find a cheaper brand out there. I believe I saw some Honda OEM headphones on Amazon or EBAY, but then that was over a year ago.

·
Registered
439 Posts
IR headphones use a standard frequency for in-car video systems. Aftermarket versions are compatible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s not Bluetooth wireless, I believe it’s just IR. I forgot to return my headphones from my 16 Touring lease and it worked along with my 19 Touring (purchase) and my buddies 18 Odyssey’s headphones. I guess it can handle anything that is projecting from the RES towards the back (rear of vehicle). On that experiment, it clearly handled 6 with no issues.

Not sure about other makes, but it’s worth a try if you can find a cheaper brand out there. I believe I saw some Honda OEM headphones on Amazon or EBAY, but then that was over a year ago.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Can a 2021 Honda Pilot Elite handle more than 2 sets of wireless headphones? If so, do the headphones have to be the Honda brand, or are there other (cheaper) headphones that are compatible? Thanks in advance!
There are
Any two channel IR headphone will work, no limit on number. Keep in mind the Honda OEM headphones fold in and automatically turn off when you take them off. If you don't have that feature in the aftermarket ones, the tendency is to forget to turn them off leaving the next user with a dead battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are

Any two channel IR headphone will work, no limit on number. Keep in mind the Honda OEM headphones fold in and automatically turn off when you take them off. If you don't have that feature in the aftermarket ones, the tendency is to forget to turn them off leaving the next user with a dead battery.
Good point. Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We bought replacements as soon as buying to save the OEM from our destructive son.

Bought from DVDheaphones.com

There isn't a listing for 21s so searched for 20 pilot. They work great and the website says up to 8 can be used.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We bought replacements as soon as buying to save the OEM from our destructive son.

Bought from DVDheaphones.com

There isn't a listing for 21s so searched for 20 pilot. They work great and the website says up to 8 can be used.
Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts