Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing this has been addressed before, but here it goes:

Before I bought my 2006 Pilot new, I had a Jeep Cherokee, The seats folded down so it was completely flat, and I could put a mattress there and sleep comfortably

The Pilot seats of course do not fold flat. Is there a mattress out there that compensates for that angle so I can still sleep flat?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,258 Posts
I compensate by using an old compressible hide-a-bed mattress under a futon. Helps even things out pretty well.

Camping

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to fit 2 twin size bed and mattress moving a year ago in the back of my 2004 pilot. I think a twin mattress would fit

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I am guessing this has been addressed before, but here it goes:

Before I bought my 2006 Pilot new, I had a Jeep Cherokee, The seats folded down so it was completely flat, and I could put a mattress there and sleep comfortably

The Pilot seats of course do not fold flat. Is there a mattress out there that compensates for that angle so I can still sleep flat?
Perhaps a good sized board can bridge the gap and gradually decrease the angle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps a good sized board can bridge the gap and gradually decrease the angle
if it was just an upward slope (but straight) it would be fine. But the way it is you are bent. OK if you on your back, but not on your side.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,866 Posts
Well then, it sounds like it's time to buy a few 2X4's and a couple of sheets of plywood and build and angled platform for the back of the vehicle. If you do a search of the forum you will find a thread on how to construct a platform for the back of a Pilot. 1st generation if I remember correctly.

·
Administrator
4,866 Posts
I used to use one of these in the back of my Pilot. Worked great, folded down nicely and was comfortable even on an angle.

Now I'm waiting on a quote for one of these minus the tent. There are only 2 of us these days. Terradrop by Oregon Trailers. Base weight of 1200 lbs, queen size bed, full kitchen with a fold out 2 burner stove and a small top lidded refrigerator/freezer.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Now I'm waiting on a quote for one of these minus the tent. There are only 2 of us these days. Terradrop by Oregon Trailers. Base weight of 1200 lbs, queen size bed, full kitchen with a fold out 2 burner stove and a small top lidded refrigerator/freezer.
View attachment 148051
Nice! Keep us up to date. Maybe there might be a group buy deal possible.

·
Administrator
4,866 Posts
Nice! Keep us up to date. Maybe there might be a group buy deal possible.
I'm thinking that a group deal might be interesting. They are basic shells with the accessories that you want and then they build it for you. You have to pick it up in Eugene OR or they will I believe have it trucked to you for a cost.

I'm especially interested in hearing if they can use 5 X 120 rotors. If so I will have them installed and have 18" wheels put on it. Nothing like pulling a couple of extra spares in an emergency.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,258 Posts
My brother and his wife, now also empty-nesters, got something quite similar (minus the 18" wheels, though that's a clever idea). But they pull it with a Kia Forte. Hey, it seems to be working for them so far.

·
Registered
2006 EX-L (Should be an EX-V, 'cuz vinyl, lol)
103 Posts
I spent a good bit of my time in the Army out in the nature of Ft. Bragg. You all can have it now, lol...I like my central air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts