Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know more from everyone between front Mask and Air Deflector. Which one you prefer and why? Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Water stock on both hood ridge

I think Honda Half-Nose Mask is a bad design, I found out there are a lots of water stock on both side of the hood around the hood ridge. I have to take it off. Why didn't Honda design the hood mask to fit the hood ridge.

Anyone having the same problem when it raining?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I opted for the air deflector .... IMO, I believe a mask has a better chance of moving around at high speeds which could result in damaging the painted surface.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just ordered the Weathertech bug deflector this morning. I had the half mask before on my Integra, but I hardly used it because it was too much trouble taking it off and cleaning it every time I washed the car. (It doesn't rain on us Californians much in summer;) )

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mask keeps bugs off

I have the full mask.RES is right,the mask doesn't fit the hood contours very well,it just stretches over the main "dip" in the hood leaving a big pocket.It does look good on a white Pilot.
Still, it is much better for keeping bugs off the finish than a deflector.I would have to do a debugging of the front every day,if I didn't have it.A better solution would be the 3M film-unfortunately,it would cost >$400 to cover what the full mask covers.If you are concerned with bugs on the finish,cheap out(if $130 is cheaping out) with the mask,or get the 3M.Charlie PS The mask does have a tiny(maybe 1.5" high) deflector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts