Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pilot Touring Black w/gray int.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the latest map software update yet? Any issues to avoid? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
111 Posts
I purchased the newest one and just ordered a Garmin lol. Waste of money I am pretty sure the data is over 1 year old.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I update mine every 2 years to keep the maps on the display up-to-date. I agree with richbloom it is kind of a waste of money since you can use your phone instead and it is always up-to-date at no additional charge. Additionally, I complained to the Nav Update company several years ago with regards to the old data as richbloom also mentioned and they had some stupid excuse which in this day and age is inexcusable.

The only 2 reasons I keep mine up-to-date is because, when I'm driving around, I use the map displayed on my screen to find short cuts or alternate routes, especially if I am stuck in traffic and need to cut through a neighborhood. Having to grab my phone to find an alternate route to perform this function can be quite cumbersome and I may miss the opportunity to take the detour. Also, when traveling long distance, I'd rather use the Honda one than the one on my phone. My phone can get bogged down and in need of a restart especially after navigating and streaming music at the same time over a long period of time.

If this is your first time performing the update, it is pretty easy. Takes a while but other than that pretty easy.

·
Registered
2015 Pilot Touring Black w/gray int.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a piece of work this turned out to be..Over 6 hours to download and install 3 DVD’s into the map software. At the end of each disk, the system does not say to remove disk, it only indicates by a little icon that the software has been installed. Reluctantly remove disk and insert next disk. Very slow read and write. I will not do this again...FI..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts