Had the same problem change the switch get it on eBay or Amazon I changed both and put led bulbs problem solved you tube has a tutorialOne of my map lights will not turn OFF. Does not matter if the door is open or closed, if the car is locked or unlocked. It’s on all the time. How do I fix it?
Until the problem is resolved try turning off the main interior light switch (lower left driver-side otherwise disconnect the battery before the battery is drained.One of my map lights will not turn OFF. Does not matter if the door is open or closed, if the car is locked or unlocked. It’s on all the time. How do I fix it?
Anywhosits, if you have one or both front dome lights that are not working properly, and there are several permutations of that (i.e., it works for some functions but not for others), then once you've eliminated the possibility of a burned out bulb, it's most assuredly the microswitch inside the housing. The job may look a little intimidating, especially if you're trying to figure it out on your own, but with the instructions and photos in the above thread, it ends up being a quick and easy job.
I just did it. I had had the one on the passenger's side on the fritz for a little while, but when the other one, the one on the driver's side, also gave up the ghost, well that's when the clash of the titans between my OCD and my procrastination finally tipped in favor of the former.
The only thing I'd add is that if you try to test it before screwing the module back in, it probably won't work right, as I assume one or more of those screws provide a necessary ground.
Here's a thing. When I looked at the three little prongs that slide into the microswitches (BTW, make sure you've slid them in all the way), I noticed that one of them was covered with a thin patina of corrosion, whereas the other two were shiny clean. I gently but thoroughly scraped it off with a flathead screwdriver and my fingernails while holding up the opposite side with my finger, so as not to bend those prongs. Maybe you could even use a little sandpaper, and I don't know if that was a problem, but my job did fix those dome lights and allow them to work in all permutations.