Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Map light not on when doors opened...

8276 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Ccaprice85
Have a minor issue with the driver side map light on my '06 EX.
The light does not come on when the doors are opened.
However, it will come on when pressed manually.

Any idea why it would not be coming on with the other courtesy lights?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Noticed my '05 doing exactly the same thing, I even changed the bulb thinking maybe it was a dual filament, but its not. I'll be interested in seeing if anyone has an answer.

In reply to Rocky - all the other lights come on when the doors are opened. We also have an '05 Odyssey and both map lights come on when the doors open.

· Registered
2 Posts
I also noticed that the "lights on" chime was not working when I turned off the car with the headlights on and opened the door, and the drivers side window "automatic" mode was not working. The window should go all the way down without having to hold the switch down.
To fix I removed the door switch, cleaned up the contacts and used a product called "DeToxit" which is an aerosol spray to provide up the door contacts. After reinstalling the door switch all the above issues have been resolved. Pretty simple. Some fixes are easy.

link to De Toxit;

http://www.caig.com/

· Registered
184 Posts
My front passenger side no longer works. It somehow has moved inside the body of the car (maybe from a seatbelt being jambed when the door was closed. I can push on the rubber cover to the switch and can't feel a solid switch underneath.

Do you feel the switch and is it solidly attached (under the rubber cover)?

· Registered
2 Posts
There is a spring that you should feel when you push on the door switch boot. If it is broken RockAuto lists the door swich as a $5 part. Hopefully you can fish the wire out without having to get too far into the door pillar.

· Registered
112 Posts
Its the guts of the light assembly. You will need to replace the light portion of the assembly with new. The switch in the assembly has failed.

About $70 for part at dealer.

Best Regards,
John M

· Registered
8 Posts
Have a minor issue with the driver side map light on my '06 EX.
The light does not come on when the doors are opened.
However, it will come on when pressed manually.

Any idea why it would not be coming on with the other courtesy lights?
I have the same problem except it's both lights up front. Did you ever find out why and a solution? All the other lights come one normally just not the front. But they do work when pressed manually

1 - 9 of 9 Posts