Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kid knocked the rear view mirror off the windshield mount. Yes, the base with the ball pivot stayed glued to the windshield, go figure.... So I need to get to and unplug the wiring harness, which attaches under the map/dome light/sun roof control panel. I can find instructions to to remove it. I checked here, google and youtube.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
You want to remove the sunglasses/conversation mirror/homelink?

There are a few threads on adding the mirror to older Pilots. Search "conversation ".

College Hill's has this video. May not look exactly like yours but knowing Honda it's almost identical YouTube

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I didn't see any posts, and being middle to late afternoon I didn't think I'd get a reply fast enough to satisfy my wife.

So I looked it over, and there are two screws in the conversation mirror/sunglasses holder area. Then pop off the bezels for the map lights and there are one shiny screw on each side. Remove all four screws, gently pull down on the edge on the rear and it comes right out. On this 2010 Pilot the wiring for the mirror with the backup camera display is on the drivers side, and attaches to a plug above and near the visor.

I was able to pop the mirror back on the windshield ball mount, by applying a little windex (glass cleaner) on the ball and using pressure was able to seat it. I gently tapped it with a RUBBER mallet (not a sledge, not a ball and pein, not a dead blow hammer). I first placed the mirror on the kitchen counter with a towel between the two so I would scratch the housing. All this took twenty minutes, everything works, and when I told her it works, she said good. Guess that's enough of a thanks lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts