Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their backup sensor? I noticed mine (when in reverse) will beep three times and then continue to do this.. I read the manuel and it said that it is a malfunctioning center sensor.. I think maybe the dealer did not connect it right? bringing it in next week...

When in reverse, what is it supposed to sound like?

thanks
rob

·
Registered
161 Posts
Testing the Sensor

:cool: Well, I had mine for 3 Months and it is still good, the only thing I had was the middle piece of pop-up like 3 cm. Bring it back and the dealer replace a new one.
The Backup Sensor send out an invisible laser, but you can see the laser if you have a Video Camera pointing at that 4 pieces while putting on reverse and will see the laser on your video camera screen.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, wondering what the sensor is supposed to sound like when you put it in reverse? Does it make one beep only, or is it silent until it meets an object?

rob

·
Registered
161 Posts
beeping

:cool: When you put on reverse, it'll detecting an object 6ft away depend on how far you set. If it is detecting an object it is begin to beep slowly.....and it'll beep faster as it getting closer to an object. The beep stand still when you are about couple of inch from an object.

It give you one beep and silence which mean there is no object.

good luck

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
262 Posts
gopilot said:
Hi people, just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their backup sensor? I noticed mine (when in reverse) will beep three times and then continue to do this.. I read the manuel and it said that it is a malfunctioning center sensor.. I think maybe the dealer did not connect it right? bringing it in next week...

When in reverse, what is it supposed to sound like?

thanks
rob
You've got a faulty sensor. I had the same, had it swapped (actually
just one was bad, but they don't come separetly) immediately, and
now everything is cool. You will get so used to them, you'll start
wondering how you've lived your life without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts