Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '12 with 95k miles. I have changed the spark plugs. I also change the engine and transmission fluids. Air filters also get changed. I know the timing belt is due soon and will order the kit that comes with the water pump. I think I'll have to change the sway bar connecting links as I get light knocking on small bumps. VCM has also been disabled. I also plan to get a transmission cooler. What else are common failures to look out for or things to change soon? Any sensors, etc?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Technically you are a year past due for the timing belt. Being made of rubber compounds age also has an effect on timing belts as it does on rubber components. Honda recommends every 105,000 miles or 7 years. If it were me I would get the timing belt done sooner than later. It's a cheap job compared to a newly rebuilt engine if the timing belt lets loose.

Make sure that when you do the timing belt to do the water pump, tensioner and seal. I would do the serpentine belt and tensioner as well since they have to come off to get to the timing belt.

As for other maintenance, have you checked the valve clearance and done a valve adjustment if it is needed? If not you should consider doing so.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd add the regular serp drive belt, and PCV. Also check all the belt tensioner pulleys for health while you're doing the t-belt - they should be smooth, quiet, and NOT spin super fast and freely. Otherwise I think you're in good shape.

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Passenger side engine mount inspected, it’s probably blown. Serp drive belt and SERP tensioner. Use aisin timing belt kit From rock auto.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Check cam and crank seals for oil leaks.

Reactions: weiss27md
1 - 6 of 6 Posts