Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil at 20% remaining as I was headed out on a 6,000 mi trip. The maintenance reminder did not show what the other maintenance items were so was hoping someone could clue me what needs to be done. My 2018 Pilot has about 60,000 miles now. I see the chart in the forum created by Tahoefever with the help and expertise from Golftango and XGS; is this good for the 3rd generation Pilots?

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
I changed my oil at 20% remaining as I was headed out on a 6,000 mi trip. The maintenance reminder did not show what the other maintenance items were so was hoping someone could clue me what needs to be done. My 2018 Pilot has about 60,000 miles now. I see the chart in the forum created by Tahoefever with the help and expertise from Golftango and XGS; is this good for the 3rd generation Pilots?
The MM should have displayed the upcoming service codes when you reset it.
The schedule shown in the chart should be close enough for a 3G Pilot.
Check your owner's manual for the proper types of transmission, transfer case and rear differential fluids for your Pilot, if you're going to change them.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Check your owner's manual for the proper types of transmission, transfer case and rear differential fluids for your Pilot, if you're going to change them.
Not sure, but I thought the 2019 and newer models will display an upcoming service code when looking at the Maintenance Minder. Older models only when around a certain percentage, such as 15%?

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Not sure, but I thought the 2019 and newer models will display an upcoming service code when looking at the Maintenance Minder. Older models only when around a certain percentage, such as 15%?
The OP has a 2018.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. The MM did not display any codes before I reset it (except for the 20%). After resetting, it was 100% and no other codes showed as resetting removes the codes on my Pilot. At 46,000 I had changed the AT and transfer case fluids, and oil. I changed the oil and engine and cabin air filters at 20% (54,000) so looks like I need to rotate my tires and replace the rear differential fluid to be current for 60,000 service.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The OP has a 2018.
Correct, that's why I mentioned I thought the 2019 and newer show upcoming codes and his older model only at certain percentages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts