Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6500 miles on my EX-L
and all of a sudden the maintance required light starts flashing and goes out. The dealer says this is a reminder for the upcoming 7500 mile service. Anybody know if it is true and how to reset it?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Wow! Thanks for posting that scan. I just rolled 6K and saw the flashing light on my start up. I knew my trusty dusty HP.org pals would know what it was all about. Going above and beyond, Kemosabe even finds how to reset it. I feel sorry for those who don't know about this site, don't you?



:4: :4: :4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
michaell said:
I have 6500 miles on my EX-L
and all of a sudden the maintance required light starts flashing and goes out. The dealer says this is a reminder for the upcoming 7500 mile service. Anybody know if it is true and how to reset it?

Thanks
Has anyone done on poll to see how many Pilot owners have read their Owner's Manual? I mean besides Kemosabe?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Maintenance required light

CNYGuy said:
Has anyone done on poll to see how many Pilot owners have read their Owner's Manual? I mean besides Kemosabe?:confused:
Twice cover to cover during the first month of ownership for me, then every now and then to clear up something posted here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Maintenance required light

CNYGuy said:
Has anyone done on poll to see how many Pilot owners have read their Owner's Manual? I mean besides Kemosabe?:confused:
WELL! I did read my owners manual, parts that I thought I needed to know about, but there is SO much info in there that I didn't retain all of it. Especially when it's dry reading as an automobile manual is. So I still thank Kemo for helping out. I did not expect the answer to be in the manual, so I didn't check it.
As for CNYSMARTYPANTS...:headslap: ! All in good fun of course;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Maintenance required light

74PILOTMOM said:
WELL! I did read my owners manual, parts that I thought I needed to know about, but there is SO much info in there that I didn't retain all of it. Especially when it's dry reading as an automobile manual is. So I still thank Kemo for helping out. I did not expect the answer to be in the manual, so I didn't check it.
As for CNYSMARTYPANTS...:headslap: ! All in good fun of course;)
I'm not trying to be a "smartypants". I'm sure the majority of us have not read the entire manual. Most of us probably just looked at the Quick Start guide. I know I am reading mine now, and will probably refer to it often in the future.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Okay, I see whatcha mean. It's a valid question. This is one complex vehicle, I'm still trying to figure everything out. From airbag sensors, rear A/C, and security systems, to my constant re-programming of my auto-up window, I agree- The manual should be read. And re-read. In addition to delivery info, there should be a Honda Pilot 101 class, taught by a Honda rep. Okay, back to reality. Got some more reading to do :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Maintenance required light

CNYGuy said:
I'm not trying to be a "smartypants". I'm sure the majority of us have not read the entire manual. Most of us probably just looked at the Quick Start guide. I know I am reading mine now, and will probably refer to it often in the future.:)
And you can read the Quick Start Guide online by clicking here... :4: :) :17:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Beware, possible dumb question.

Ok, so I have hit 7,500 miles and it is time to change my oil (please, no debate on 3,000 or 7,500). My maintenance light is on. If I go to a Jiffy Lube or some place like that, will they know how to turn the light off, or is this something that will happen automatically after it is changed? I know this has been addressed before but I don't see anything in the maintenance section. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
as always the answer is in the owners manual...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
In my 04 manual, I looked in the index under "Maintenance Required" and it says you can reset it by doing the following:

1) Ignition off

2) Press and hold the Select/Reset button (same one you use to reset the trip meter)

3) turn ignition on

4) Chant "The Cubs deserved to win the NL series" while continuing to hold the button for about 10 seconds, and when the light goes off you can let up on the button.

If you've got an 03 it might be different so try it or check the manual. I also paraphrased the manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
BCinTX said:


4) Chant "The Cubs deserved to win the NL series"
:2: :2: :2: will do it in 04 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
BCinTX said:
In my 04 manual, I looked in the index under "Maintenance Required" and it says you can reset it by doing the following:

1) Ignition off

2) Press and hold the Select/Reset button (same one you use to reset the trip meter)

3) turn ignition on

4) Chant "The Cubs deserved to win the NL series" while continuing to hold the button for about 10 seconds, and when the light goes off you can let up on the button.

If you've got an 03 it might be different so try it or check the manual. I also paraphrased the manual.
Reads the same in my 03 manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
That's funny, mine reads the same except it says :
4) Chant "Cubs SUCK, Cubs SUCK" while continuing to hold the button for about 10 seconds, and when the light goes off you can let up on the button.

And, this makes more sense, because what good would it do to lie to your car? You should always be honest!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
No amount of chanting will help until the Cubs fully comprehend the spiritual and occult dimensions that govern the game of baseball and seriously address the spiritual causes of the curse:

1. Billy Goat Day at Wrigley Field

2. Change the direction of the Addison Avenue totem pole so that it faces East, toward Lake Michigan and away from Wrigley Field

3. Public apology to Steve Bartman

4. ramirami must also apologize for calling the Cincinnati Redstockings a minor league team

5. Assorted other spiritual exercises to be named later

BTW, there's a different chant for Pilot owners to turn off the check engine light in Boston.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
robrecht said:


4. ramirami must also apologize for calling the Cincinnati Redstockings a minor league team

I will after the CUBs win the season series from the Reds 15-4 in 2004 :runaway:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top