Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We just moved a couple of months ago from Dallas, Texas to Vancouver, BC - big difference in weather and geography.
My 2017 Pilot EX-L 2WD just completed 50,000 kms here. Last year was tricky as the only workout the car got was the 2200 mile road trip and then just sitting around because of covid.

I just had a oil change, tire rotation and brake flush done a couple of days ago and so far it's running fine.
I was looking if someone can share any service recommendation or things I need to look out for because I've really moved from a high speed, flat, hot climate to a slow speed, mountainous, wet/colder climate.

At 50,000 kms (31,000 miles) and 4 years of ownership is there anything I should get done like spark plug or battery replacement?

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Has the transmission fluid ever been changed?
If not, put that on your list of to do items.
Likewise, for the engine and cabin air filters.

Spark plugs should last close to 160,000 km.

Batteries typically last 4-5 years.
Some auto parts stores will test them for free.
You could replace it now, and not have to worry about it, or wait until next fall.

Also, unless they are nearly worn out now, consider replacing the tires next fall, as well.
Given your new location, look at the so-called "all-weather" - as opposed to "all-season" - type tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts