Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2018 Pilot with 14,600 miles. The oil indicator says 50% left. Is there a mandatory maintenance to be performed at 15K miles? I am going on a trip next week and just want to make sure everything is up to date. Thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Assuming the maintenance minder has been reset whenever its says due and you did whatever it said to do should be fine. I tend to go overboard myself and don’t follow that to much.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What the last poster said. I assume the car has already has had at least one oil change.... if not and you're at 14.6K without the MM calling for one (especially if it is now saying 50%), then the MM must have been prematurely reset.

- Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, yes the car has had TWO oil changes. The oil indicator is saying 50%, but I thought there was a 15K mandatory maintenance. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
So, yes the car has had TWO oil changes. The oil indicator is saying 50%, but I thought there was a 15K mandatory maintenance.
The maintenance minder generates codes indicating what needs to be serviced - besides an oil change - every time the oil life goes down to 15%, or less.
Have you been seeing those codes and have you had the indicated service performed?

If there have been two previous oil changes and the oil life is now at 50%, then you should be able to go almost another 3,000 miles before the next service is due - assuming your usage is similar to that in the past.
How many miles do you expect to cover in your upcoming trip?

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you have AWD the rear diff fluid is done at 15k

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The maintenance minder generates codes indicating what needs to be serviced - besides an oil change - every time the oil life goes down to 15%, or less.
Have you been seeing those codes and have you had the indicated service performed?

If there have been two previous oil changes and the oil life is now at 50%, then you should be able to go almost another 3,000 miles before the next service is due - assuming your usage is similar to that in the past.
How many miles do you expect to cover in your upcoming trip?
So, yes I have been seeing the reminders and the upcoming trip is only 600 miles or so. I was really worried that there was a MANDATORY maintenance that needed to be performed at 15k?

·
Registered
291 Posts
So, yes I have been seeing the reminders and the upcoming trip is only 600 miles or so. I was really worried that there was a MANDATORY maintenance that needed to be performed at 15k?
There is no "15K service". All routine service (including the VTM-4 rear differential fluid change) is dictated by the MM, not by mileage.

The only services that are potentially mileage-based are are for severe service where a mileage-based service overrides the MM (e.g., replacing the engine air filter when driving often in dusty conditions). There are also a couple things (e.g., brake fluid changes) that are dictated by calendar time.

- Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts