Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 pilot touring with 9 speed. I had one maintenance minder come on for first oil change and that was it. Now have 80,000 miles and have never had maintenance minder since first one. Have been told by dealers that differential should be changed every 15,000. I do not like that the owners manual does not give a actual maintenance interval schedule. What should I have done at next oil change. Had transmission/differential/transfer case and brake fluid done about 70,000.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have you been resetting the minder system before it reaches the 15% warning? If so, it throws off the MM algorithm and you won't get notifications for other services. Nothing you can do on your own to fix this, but supposedly the dealer-grade scan tool they have at the stealership can reset the maintenance sub-codes to the correct interval. May be worth an ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you been resetting the minder system before it reaches the 15% warning? If so, it throws off the MM algorithm and you won't get notifications for other services. Nothing you can do on your own to fix this, but supposedly the dealer-grade scan tool they have at the stealership can reset the maintenance sub-codes to the correct interval. May be worth an ask.
Thank you,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts